New project

steggy1990

I’m sorry to hear of your health problems. Mental health is a much bigger problem than a lot of people realise. Pleased you’ve found modelling to be a good outlet.

I really like what you’ve done so far, the gentle curves and overgrown look are pleasing on the eye. What is your overall plan?

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

That's a nice little layout, Steggy; the sweeping curves give it a very natural feel.  

I also have mental health 'issues'; have a look over on Musings and Miscellany, where the 'Modelling Mojo' topic has a lot of very supportive input from fellow sufferers without being whiny or judgemental. You are not alone!

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

Steggy,

What a great little layout - please share more about it! Have you any further photographs? 

I too am a 'sufferer' and have experienced some very low times with the black dog in recent years. However, remember that railway modelling can be a wonderful, creative release from our every day problems. It is a great way to focus our minds and offer escapism, whilst at the same time being very theraputic and helping with recovery. Things will get better!

Keep on posting, it looks like a great project.

David

PS - the thread mentioned by johnster above has proved very useful for me. 

• Like 2

Hi thank you for you great comments very much appreciated. It’s going to be a old wagon works set between 90s to modern age .its all done by hand no scatter merchines here lol .

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by steggy1990
  • Like 5

On 16/03/2019 at 22:06, Clagsniffer said:

I’m sorry to hear of your health problems. Mental health is a much bigger problem than a lot of people realise. Pleased you’ve found modelling to be a good outlet.

I really like what you’ve done so far, the gentle curves and overgrown look are pleasing on the eye. What is your overall plan?

Thank you for your great words it’s going to an old wagon works love different fright wagons 

This is what I’m going for iv all ways liked the run down of old silver town tram way went there when I was a kid if any one has some colour pics I would be very great full .

as money is tight I only need a couple of locos ie class 31s from Stratford plus a couple of 08s as they did run from there to temple mills .

BC7F4A22-2C77-4A7E-B9EC-EF76D6831A23.jpeg

668F9A9D-92D6-47A2-BDE3-2B9581C2289C.jpeg

EB3C9DD4-8435-4226-B4EC-2834D9C35300.jpeg

• Like 2

On 20/03/2019 at 19:10, steggy1990 said:

Hi thank you for you great comments very much appreciated. It’s going to be a old wagon works set between 90s to modern age .its all done by hand no scatter merchines here lol .

image.jpg

image.jpg

Cracking stuff Steggy. I love those buildings, they are really effective and excellently coloured an weathered. What is the basis of them?

6 hours ago, south_tyne said:

Cracking stuff Steggy. I love those buildings, they are really effective and excellently coloured an weathered. What is the basis of them?

They were a free kit that came with a magazine there just work shops thought they would look good on here 

• Thanks 1

Glad you're back modelling Steggy1990, it's helped me through many a low time. Really like the layout, I used to work in Docklands so this is right up my street, been meaning to build a layout based on the area myself, in fact the one I'm doing at the moment was meant to be a bit of the docks. I'll be following this with interest, keep up the good work.

Steve.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, sb67 said:

Glad you're back modelling Steggy1990, it's helped me through many a low time. Really like the layout, I used to work in Docklands so this is right up my street, been meaning to build a layout based on the area myself, in fact the one I'm doing at the moment was meant to be a bit of the docks. I'll be following this with interest, keep up the good work.

Steve.

Thank you for your great comments 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1