Mason Street (Goods) BR Blue.

Andrew P

39 minutes ago, KNP said:

Keep posting them pictures, especially of that big blue one with lots of wheels....looks mighty impressive!

Cheers Kevin, the 40 is nice, I may get another later on, they are so impressive aren't they.

8 hours ago, Alister_G said:

Love the evening sunlight in that last shot, Andy, it really brings it alive.

Al.

Cheers Al, I hope to get some more like that over the summer, and I can also take Kingsmill outside as it's only one board.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ColinW said:

Hi Andy,

Looks to be a couple of interesting projects you are working on.  I am very envious of the time and space you have available to you to be able to carry out these projects.

Colin

Thanks Colin, yes a couple of totally different projects, and add to that the 7mm Seven Mills Sidings, I have plenty to keep me motivated for many Months to come,      :good:

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

All looking good Andy - I note reference to yet another layout ... I feel like I am going backwards, not standing still when I read your threads!!! :)  Great to see your doing what you enjoy and do best ... creating stunning layouts for us to look at.  Cant wait to see a video of that 40 - can imagine the noise from here!! 

Keep going mate .. as for getting bored of the layout pictures - are you serious?  If anyone says they are let us know and we'll send the boys round to deal with them - it involves hours of looking at sprinter and multiple unit photographs, after which  your glad of anything with a loco hehe!!

Off to search out the breadloaf layout, sorry Kingsmill.

Rich

Edited by MarshLane
Mistype
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

All looking good Andy - I note reference to yet another layout ... I feel like I am going backwards, not standing still when I read your threads!!! :)  Great to see your doing what you enjoy and do best ... creating stunning layouts for us to look at.  Cant wait to see a video of that 40 - can imagine the noise from here!! 

Keep going mate .. as for getting bored - are you serious?  If anyone says they are let us know and we'll send the boys round to deal with them - it involves hours of looking at sprinter and multiple unit photographs, after which  your glad of anything with a loco hehe!!

Off to search out the breadloaf layout, sorry Kingsmill.

Rich

Cheers Rich, Good to see you on here, and now your off to Hovis, WHOOPS meant Kingsmill, haha.

I wish I could do some longer Videos, as a 3 minute Video can take about 4 hours to up-load onto You Tube.

Edited by Andrew P
Strike out!
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers Rich, Good to see you on here, and now your off to Hovis, WHOOPS meant Kingsmill, haha.

I wish I could do some longer Videos, as a 3 minute Video can take about 4 hours to up-load onto You Tube.

Hi Andy,

Reminder how to fix this video upload problem, use OneDrive.

1) compress (Handbrake)

2) upload  (use oneDrive at www.outlook.com) and

3) get a link you can share - this can be done within File Explorer

as per https://1drv.ms/v/s!Au252AreD6BYmj15UDOMjAwnIxlY

recently recorded, upload was barely 2 minutes for 50MB 1.5min  video. Oh yes, I'm on another speed fix.

BTW did you see my PM from earlier in our trip? Seems you have a follower in Japan!

Colin

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

5 hours ago, BWsTrains said:

Hi Andy,

Reminder how to fix this video upload problem, use OneDrive.

1) compress (Handbrake)

2) upload  (use oneDrive at www.outlook.com) and

3) get a link you can share - this can be done within File Explorer

as per https://1drv.ms/v/s!Au252AreD6BYmj15UDOMjAwnIxlY

recently recorded, upload was barely 2 minutes for 50MB 1.5min  video. Oh yes, I'm on another speed fix.

BTW did you see my PM from earlier in our trip? Seems you have a follower in Japan!

Colin

Hi Colin, I have your PM re Handbrake, but that has only reduced the up load time from about 6 hours for 3 minute video down to 3 to 4 hours.

I've not received a PM from you since you sent the info on Handbrake Colin.

Cheers mate

54 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Hi Colin, I have your PM re Handbrake, but that has only reduced the up load time from about 6 hours for 3 minute video down to 3 to 4 hours.

I've not received a PM from you since you sent the info on Handbrake Colin.

Cheers mate

Hi Andy,

It may be your local internet speed but my suggestion part 2 was to bypass YouTube and try Outlook. There you can upload your files using a file manager (say "File Explorer", get a link and post that link into your post as per my demo.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

7 minutes ago, gismorail said:

Layout is starting to come together Andy I can see the attraction to 4mm blue diesels it does give a lot more depth to the layout within TOPS carry my good man 

Cheers Martin, I have the Blues everywhere, SMS, Kingsmill and here on MS as well as some classic Rory Gallagher on the CD at the moment. SUPERB. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers Martin, I have the Blues everywhere, SMS, Kingsmill and here on MS as well as some classic Rory Gallagher on the CD at the moment. SUPERB. 

I saw Rory Gallagher a few times before I went punk.....I still like his music but I have to be in the mood for it.

• Like 1

Andy mate, you are such a power house in the world of layout building.  I'm slipping up - as you have probably sussed by the numerous likes I've just added - I've only just found this new thread.  Although not quite my era it looks great and seems to have loads of operational interest.  Oh, and big engines on a small layout, what's not to like!

All the best with this one Andy,

Regards,

Brian.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Brian D said:

Andy mate, you are such a power house in the world of layout building.  I'm slipping up - as you have probably sussed by the numerous likes I've just added - I've only just found this new thread.  Although not quite my era it looks great and seems to have loads of operational interest.  Oh, and big engines on a small layout, what's not to like!

All the best with this one Andy,

Regards,

Brian.

Cheers Brian, have you found Kingsmill (Midland Road) TMD, as well?

I had  a nice Running Session this evening, but just the one photo and two short Videos that are now up loading, 1 min 11 seconds, shrunk to 24.6MB whatever that is using Handbrake as recommended by Colin, but our line speed must be slow, and it's been running now for almost 2 Hours. 

In the meantime here is the only pic.

IMG_7406.JPG.23b1a06bb02be1ef2c3e3b7768b919b8.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
miss spleling
  • Like 9

36 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I had  a nice Running Session this evening, but just the one photo and two short Videos that are now up loading, 1 min 11 seconds, shrunk to 24.6MB whatever that is using Handbrake as recommended by Colin, but our line speed must be slow, and it's been running now for almost 2 Hours. 

In the meantime here is the only pic.

IMG_7406.JPG.23b1a06bb02be1ef2c3e3b7768b919b8.JPG

Just checked on You Tube and STILL 1 Hour 35 minutes remaining to up load, so giving up and going to bed. Over 4 hours for a 1 minute Video, just ridiculous.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Dear Mr Peters

I am going to have to take issue with you and how you coupled up the loco to the coach.  :rtfm:

The procedure should be, the loco halts 6 feet, or 2 meters (in 1/76 th scale about 1 inch/25mm) away for the coach. The shunter then calls the loco forward until the buffers are in slight compression. He jumps down and hooks up the screw link coupling, and tightens this up. He then has to connect the brake pipes and any heating connections or pipes. After doing so he climbs back on the platform and informs the driver, who can then do the brake test etc. When all is OK the shunter can inform the guard who will do his own brake test before giving the driver the right away. Not just bang up , knock it into reverse and be off. :scenic:

But it has sound so it is realistic :locomotive::yahoo:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Dear Mr Peters

I am going to have to take issue with you and how you coupled up the loco to the coach.  :rtfm:

The procedure should be, the loco halts 6 feet, or 2 meters (in 1/76 th scale about 1 inch/25mm) away for the coach. The shunter then calls the loco forward until the buffers are in slight compression. He jumps down and hooks up the screw link coupling, and tightens this up. He then has to connect the brake pipes and any heating connections or pipes. After doing so he climbs back on the platform and informs the driver, who can then do the brake test etc. When all is OK the shunter can inform the guard who will do his own brake test before giving the driver the right away. Not just bang up , knock it into reverse and be off. :scenic:

But it has sound so it is realistic :locomotive::yahoo:

Hi Clive Old Boy,:angry: Thanks for the detailed and enlightening information above, had it been a Passenger Coach then yes, you may well be right, but surely with an Old Baggage Van just being moved to another Siding, would they still have gone through all that rigmarole?

If the 08 had move the Old Baggage Van then it would have just hooked the thing up and dragged it away.

I always stand to be corrected by the good Professor of course, and will await further updates as to my operation in this matter.:rolleyes: