'Abbot's Mead'

georgeT

While at Stafford l noticed the new signal's (well new to me anyway) at the platform end's very nice, bigger and much brighter...

DSC05463.JPG

DSC05464.JPG

DSC05475.JPG

DSC05480.JPG

DSC05486.JPG

Edited by georgeT
  • Like 4

I have to say that looking at the pics along the Platform, the Over Head Electrification makes the whole place look a real mess and very untidy if you were to compare the same scene from the 60's.

I used to love going to Didcot, but the last time I went I just felt so sad that such an iconic Station had been ruined with big grey steelwork coming through the lovely old canopies.

I guess it's called progress, but not for me I'm afraid.

• Agree 2

On ‎04‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 08:55, Andrew P said:

Also the amount of WEEDS doesn't help the overall appearance either.

Yes l must admit there was a fair bit of over growth, BTW the Royal Mail platform looked very tidy maybe the mail will return ? who know's...

• Informative/Useful 1

On 29/04/2019 at 07:43, georgeT said:

Through commissions l managed to purchase this beautiful weathered single trailing coach and l am hoping to buy a driving car to make it into a 2-car DMU, l need to do some research now, any help would be much appreciated...  

DSC05387.JPG

Hello George, that's nice, it is a Class 121 DTS (Driving Trailer Second), https://www.railcar.co.uk/ the Railcar website is your friend for info, ideally you would need a Class 121 DMBS (Driving Motor Brake Second) Bubble car.

Best regards

Craig.

• Informative/Useful 2

Finally finished the fiddle yard on 'Abbot's Mead' today apart for the wiring that is,  the rail is from Peco along with the chair's, it is all fixed down using Butanone and super-glue, the 'Y' point was found in a drawer hidden in the shed, knew it would come in handy one day.....

DSC05509.JPG

DSC05510.JPG

DSC05511.JPG

DSC05512.JPG

• Like 7

1 hour ago, muddys-blues said:

Hello George, that's nice, it is a Class 121 DTS (Driving Trailer Second), https://www.railcar.co.uk/ the Railcar website is your friend for info, ideally you would need a Class 121 DMBS (Driving Motor Brake Second) Bubble car.

Best regards

Craig.

Hello Craig thank you for the info very helpful, l got the coach on a whim thinking l could marry up another coach to make a two car unit up, but didn't realise what a mine field it was, maybe l will find one some day ?...

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hello Andy, Had a busy afternoon doing some ballasting on 'AM' and used some OO gauge ballast from 'Green Scenes' which is made from wood ? all l know it dried a lot quicker than normal ballast and is a lot lighter and look's good..

DSC05519.JPG

DSC05520.JPG

• Like 11

40 minutes ago, Ian Major said:

Hello George,  That ballast looks superb. I think it is  spot on for 7mm scale but must look like boulders in 4mm. Nice job.

Ian. (Still alive, honest!)

Glad you are still alive Buddy, yes it does look the part for O gauge, l guess you would use N gauge for OO ?

• Agree 2

I even use Gaugemaster ''N'' and Woodlands Scenic's Fine Cinders on Seven Mills Sidings, such as in the Yard Car Park, and between the Fuel Roads.

I also used it in the Yard, and around the Shed on Bala Town.

• Informative/Useful 1

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 11:14, south_tyne said:

George - that trackwork looks absolutely superb. The ballasting is so realistic too, amazingly neat. Highly impressive stuff. 

Thanks for the encouragement South Tyne, l am pleased with the outcome..

• Friendly/supportive 1

Been busy on 'Abbot's' today and decided to make the end tracks go onto other board if l want to in the future, in the yard area l have allowed the track to go over the road (which also allows an extra van in a train too), very pleased the way the ballast has dried, just need to get the airbrush out next.

DSC05608.JPG

DSC05610.JPG

DSC05611.JPG

DSC05612.JPG

DSC05613.JPG

• Like 7