Railwells 2019

Martync

On my way back to the car dodging the worst of the rain by stopping up under the shop front awnings in Wells I spotted a succession of ladies, of a certain age, all doing the same thing. 

Each was on their mobile phone saying pretty much word for word: 

“All right, are you sure you’ve seen what you wanted to see? I’m happy if you want to stay a little longer.  I’m opposite a coffee shop, it’s just down from the Town Hall, I’ll be in there”.

To the ladies, God bless ‘em all.

//Simon

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

I thought the parking in the field works really well too - we had a good laugh with the farmer on the gate on both the sat & sun (my OH recons she's seen him on telly - suggestions went from James Bond to The Muppets).  A Top Guy.

Also, on the way out thru' the Farmyard, I actually saw a pram with a lovely set of wheels on a scrap pile.  Haven't seen those for years - Id've given my right arm for those forty old years ago when building go-carts was all the rage....

Kids of today would'nt have a clue what they missed.....

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

Not many shows where you can walk out the door and just round the corner have views like this. 

0AC61CEE-4E6E-47E0-9EFD-6C3FDA023973.jpeg.6b22de16745b76907a14966c7381bd1c.jpeg

DD611C13-1554-43AB-8100-3653327FA533.jpeg.d43529273043613f8617935f94140235.jpeg

and the pubs pubs are good too :) 

Spotted a kingfisher in the moat a few times this year, too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, polybear said:

we had a good laugh with the farmer on the gate on both the sat & sun (my OH recons she's seen him on telly - suggestions went from James Bond to The Muppets). 

Possibly 'Hot Fuzz' as it all filmed there

Mike Wiltshire

Just to say many thanks to Chris and the team for a really great weekend, thoroughly enjoyed being there with Sheepcroft. Thanks also to all those visitors and exhibitors who stopped by and chatted as well as those who've taken the trouble to put up photos/videos.

Arrived back about 10 last night after a good journey though for the first half hour or so sonar would have been a handy optional extra.

Cheers

Stu

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

On 12/08/2019 at 22:46, lapford34102 said:

Just to say many thanks to Chris and the team for a really great weekend, thoroughly enjoyed being there with Sheepcroft. Thanks also to all those visitors and exhibitors who stopped by and chatted as well as those who've taken the trouble to put up photos/videos.

Arrived back about 10 last night after a good journey though for the first half hour or so sonar would have been a handy optional extra.

Cheers

Stu

I like shunting layouts, and Sheepcroft, although simple, is complicated enough to be interesting.

I was one of those who stopped to chat at length, then popped back to say thanks near the end. Sorry I did not work out you were on RWweb.

cheers

• Thanks 1