Brass Chassis for LMS 12T Wood Van

Guest WM183

Guest WM183

Hi all.

I have a Cambrian LMS 12T Wood Van (C80)  kit on the way, and I'd like to set it up for springing and also prefer the finer looks of a brass etched chassis and brakes and all. However, I cannot find an etch for this type underframe; is this just a standard RCH 9' WB / 17'6" frame? And do you know where I might get one, or am I better served by using Bill Bedford W irons and brake bits, and a Palatine models underframe? I have chosen EM as my gauge, but springing is beneficial even in EM, ive heard? And of course should I ever decide to go to P4, it would just be a matter of a wheelswap...

Thanks much,

Amanda

Edited by Guest

Guest WM183

Oh thank you! I wasnt sure whether it was an RCH chassis or not, and it seems it is! I will go ahead and order one from Rumney. I'm unsure about these things yet.

Amanda

In true Blue Peter style, Here is one I made earlier (under a Cambrian D1832A). It has progressed since these, but for some reason I have no photos!  Axlebox and spring castings are also from the Rumney range, buffer castings from Lanarkshire.

20181121_194517.jpg.cc3e827ccdd079614be10574163fffb3.jpg

20181121_194538.jpg.df0fe738aa3f1402de3400c0b5d13c1c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

Guest WM183

Thanks so much all! I've ordered this underframe, and I also have a copy of "The LMS Wagon" on the way. Now to seek out books on Southern and LNER wagons!