My first tuning fork layout

Inspired by numerous micro layouts on RMweb over the years I have decided to have a go myself at a small tuning layout using the wonderful 0-4-0's that are available today. I intend to reuse items that I have gathered up over years so tonight I have built the baseboard using wood from another layout. I have also been able to get the track down and wired.

Probably won't get anything else done until next weekend.

Johna

IMG_20190811_204132.jpg

• Like 13

I have a few card kits collected and not used over the years so will see what will fit into the available space. Will either be an industrial or a small station scene inspired by "Winter's End" You can't squeeze a lot into 30" x9" 

• Like 2

Excellent start Johna. These kind of projects are great - low cost, compact, manageable and achievable - and are also a way of practising skills and techniques. I will be following your progress with interest! 

Dave 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, johna said:

Just a quick update. Layout has changed a wee bit in the last few weeks.

IMG_20190829_184700.jpg

Another classic micro-layout track plan: I'm not sure this 2-point arrangement has ever been given a name, but it's popular and layouts using it seem to last - the key thing is wiring the kickback siding if you want to use it. Looks like a great start, Keith.