DJTrains

Par - N gauge Modern day Exhibition Layout

Weren't tempted by code 40 with the new Finetrax FB concrete bearer pointwork...?

Looking good anyway, given the standard of Crofton and Oak Road I'm sure it'll be a great one to watch!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Coming along nicely Dave! Looking forward to seeing another great Cornwall Layout!

• Like 1

On 01/11/2019 at 11:13, DJTrains said:

with Mikes great planning

:laugh::laugh:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rhysb said:

I couldn’t stop laughing at this too!!!

I’m not sure there was anything wrong with Ctofton when I did that! 

On 01/11/2019 at 11:18, njee20 said:

Weren't tempted by code 40 with the new Finetrax FB concrete bearer pointwork...?

Looking good anyway, given the standard of Crofton and Oak Road I'm sure it'll be a great one to watch!

Code 40 was a bit too much of a ball ache because nobody does flat bottom points. It would’ve been nice, but given the fact that Dave has 91m of code 55, the decision was easily made :lol:

Wayne is now doing flat bottom points, the crowdfunder campaign ended a couple of weeks ago, hence mentioning it :)

91m sounds like a fiddle yard worth... ;) 

11 hours ago, njee20 said:

Wayne is now doing flat bottom points, the crowdfunder campaign ended a couple of weeks ago, hence mentioning it :)

91m sounds like a fiddle yard worth... https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/emoticons/default_wink3.gif 

Unfortunately, the flat bottom points hes doing aren't right. There's no concrete points at Par so Dave decided to make use of the track from Crofton - it's not ideal but it seems a shame to waste it......although going through the box full of points, there's a lot more left handed ones than right for some reason! :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Right so he’s got points left! ;)

Is there a plan you can post? 

Hi Paul,

This is about as far as the 'official' track plan got before we ran out of pieces in Anyrail.   It's  still going through planning and will probably still be as we lay it....      essentially a double oval going through the par station track plan as it is now.....   raising off scene (on left)  to go over the branch line,  when it will split into a 6 lane fiddle yard before  coming back together and down to scenic side on right again....     the branch lines will stay on the flat and either run between the pair of 3  yard line sets, as a pair of storage lines  or might still come back up to rejoin the mainline before it emerges again.   It depends on what we can get away with and what is going to be more interesting to depict the Newquay / Goonbarrow lines......   watch this space.    Oh,  and of course it will change again - like it does everytime Mike tells me he's got a cracking idea :scare:

Once we've got the gradients in (starting this week hopefully),  the track should be fairly quick to go down (with super-elevation of course)  and hopefully things will start to become clear. (to me hopefully anyway :laugh_mini:).

image.png.be17d462a66dae4a6ff22abdaeb35170.png

Edited by DJTrains
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DJTrains said:

Oh,  and of course it will change again - like it does everytime Mike tells me he's got a cracking idea https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/emoticons/default_scare.gif

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_2019_11/image.png.be17d462a66dae4a6ff22abdaeb35170.png

What Mike change the plan?!? :D

On 04/11/2019 at 19:35, scoobyra said:

I’m not sure there was anything wrong with Ctofton when I did that! 

No but which plan ;) 

• Funny 2