JSA, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold

Not an issue with me Fran. I am happy to wait for what I know will be a great product. 

In the meantime you can announce some binliner flats with containers! Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

38 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

We absolutely agree, Tom. We know it's disappointing, but felt it would be more disappointing if the models werent up to scratch too. We are going to work towards a system where we hang longer before announcing wagons in future. 

Definitely better being right. When they come the wait will be irrelevant.

And if you're going to be late on something I have on pre order from you I'd rather it was this (rather than Mk5s or Class 37s!)

• Like 1

Just now, classy52 said:

Hey Fran, 3 letters...JJA, if the other mob never do it again :read:

Got to 5 Feb to think about it ;)

Given the demand on eBay I'd be surprised if they don't! Although I have three generator ones I want rid of and I can't sell them at what I paid for them at the moment

• Agree 1

Sorry Fran for going off topic.

Anyway I'm sort of glad these have been delayed because I will get them but wouldn't be until much later on so now I can still purchase the open coil bundle with the 10% discount later on, I intend to match these up with the new Cavalex BLA's when they are released.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Sorry Fran for going off topic.

Anyway I'm sort of glad these have been delayed because I will get them but wouldn't be until much later on so now I can still purchase the open coil bundle with the 10% discount later on, I intend to match these up with the new Cavalex BLA's when they are released.

I have a Bachmann EWS BRA, DB BYA and EWS BZA to go with mine. I have ordered the 6 pack but may sell a pair as I may have gone overboard! I have ordered uncovered ones.

Edited by TomScrut
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Check out our topless beauty with our modern JSA steel coil wagons!

2.jpg.517fbbc7b8009237bec88e6080a4b47a.jpg

Here is a first look at our open top JSA coil carrier in distinctive VTG black livery, complete with coil load!

In 2018 Arlington Fleet Services began to refurbish 39 JSA wagons at its Eastleigh workshops. As part of this process, the wagons have had their hoods removed and have entered traffic as open coil carriers on flows from Port Talbot to Llanwern and Corby, and between Margam and Hartlepool. A second batch of 45 wagons is undergoing conversion during 2019-2020.

1.jpg.c694ed1ae84ca00b36297c260d59e4cd.jpg

Our model makes use of the PTA and JSA chassis to bring you these latest coil wagons to add to your current scene steel train.

3.jpg.d12d3a627b769f3f5a6ed7637320eec5.jpg

Once again, please not that fit and finish will be a lot tighter on the production models, with tampo much sharper.

4.jpg.b8a32cf642455e3bbbed3a67e7854cb6.jpg

6.jpg.25a8fc1d4b9ab0fb80fb6549533fdd59.jpg

7.jpg.04bc807a44f4300f7962ffe070768d6e.jpg

8.jpg.e0f01d111ad952b4a98701bf6b1e3289.jpg

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 15
  • Informative/Useful 1

20 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Just a quickie (gotta stop saying that), would the topless wagons go with the hooded wagons in a prototypical rake?

They few examples I've seen have been in mixed rakes, with several types of coil-carriers, both steel and fabric-covered. 

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Just a quickie (gotta stop saying that), would the topless wagons go with the hooded wagons in a prototypical rake?

JSAFormations_Final_f062bee6-d527-4a29-b

7 minutes ago, McC said:

JSAFormations_Final_f062bee6-d527-4a29-b

Yes I had seen this graphic before but it doesn't actually show the VTG Covered JSA's in the same rake as the VTG Open JSA's thus I'm being very specific to both your bundles that cover these 2 types of the later wagons and of course this graphic wouldn't cover every rake known to man which is why I asked the question but no worries if there isn't a definitive answer if they did or not. 

51 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Yes I had seen this graphic before but it doesn't actually show the VTG Covered JSA's in the same rake as the VTG Open JSA's thus I'm being very specific to both your bundles that cover these 2 types of the later wagons and of course this graphic wouldn't cover every rake known to man which is why I asked the question but no worries if there isn't a definitive answer if they did or not. 

Ah you're on about the hooded JSAs.

FWIW the rake I am going to be using:

1 DB Class 60

6 Open JSAs

1 BYA DB

1 BRA EWS

1 BZA EWS

No idea if exactly realistic but it kinda goes with the more recent ones on the list

Edited by TomScrut

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, classy52 said:

I can confirm that the hooded VTG JSAs have not run with the opens. Not that that is a definitive reason not to invoke Rule 1 :) 

Edited by McC
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, McC said:

I can confirm that the hooded VTG JSAs have not run with the opens. Not that that is a definitive reason not to invoke Rule 1 :) 

Thanks for the response and yes of course there is Rule 1 but like I said it was just a query as I couldn't find any reference or photos with them together in a rake.

14 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Ah you're on about the hooded JSAs.

FWIW the rake I am going to be using:

1 DB Class 60

6 Open JSAs

1 BYA DB

1 BRA EWS

1 BZA EWS

Yes I was on about the Hooded VTG JSA's running with the Open JSA's but this has now been answered as per previous response from McC.

1 BYA DB, 1 BRA EWS, 1 BZA EWS...are these Bachmann wagons?

You could also match up the forthcoming Cavalex BLA's with the open JSA's as well I think.

Edited by classy52

8 minutes ago, classy52 said:

1 BYA DB, 1 BRA EWS, 1 BZA EWS...are these Bachmann wagons?

Yep, these bad boys.

I like to mix rakes up when I can whilst remaining realistic.

For the purpose of pleasing the Accurascale crowd I direct you to the PCAs in the background!

20200514_153501.jpg

Edited by TomScrut
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 minute ago, TomScrut said:

Yep, these bad boys.

I like to mix rakes up when I can whilst remaining realistic.

For the purpose of pleasing the Accurascale crowd I direct you to the PCAs in the background!

20200514_153501.jpg

Ok that rake will look good with the open JSA's.

Yeah I've got all 18 Castle Cement PCA's as well but no Hattons 66 to go with them atm due to missing out on the appropriate sound models.

• Friendly/supportive 1

18 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Ok that rake will look good with the open JSA's.

Yeah I've got all 18 Castle Cement PCA's as well but no Hattons 66 to go with them atm due to missing out on the appropriate sound models.

I only have 12 PCAs. But yes that is a Hattons 66! One of two I have. The PCAs have Hunt couplings fitted, makes a big difference when pushing a rake of that size into a siding

Is there a suitable Cavalex BLA? I thought they were all in BR livery?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

I only have 12 PCAs. But yes that is a Hattons 66! One of two I have. The PCAs have Hunt couplings fitted, makes a big difference when pushing a rake of that size into a siding

Is there a suitable Cavalex BLA? I thought they were all in BR livery?

The Cavalex BLA's are mixed branded livery but they are listed as multi-era which can be used in today's rakes.

Check them out at Rails...https://railsofsheffield.com/manufacturer-cavalex-models-JJJM168

Apologies to Accurascale for linking another brand in your thread, hope this is ok.

Edited by classy52
  • Thanks 1