Glasgow Queen Street 1980's

Ian.G

Having spent many years wanting to build a layout on a real location, I have finally decided to build a layout based on Glasgow Queen Street during the 1980's as I like this period of train movements and because I can do this in the small space that I have.

I have spent many hours researching on the internet and found lots of informative pictures,  but I have been unable to find clear pictures of the station concourse and interior buildings.

I would like to know if people are able to let me know what shops were at Glasqow Queen Street, I have been able to identify some but not all?

I thank people in advance for any information given.

Ian.

Ian, 

I travelled a lot to Glasgow in the 1970s and can only remember the newsagents in Queen Street Station, which might have been John Menzies back then. Are you on Facebook (or have a friend/family on FB)? There may be an ‘Old Glasgow’ page and if you posted that question there, you might be amazed at how many responses you get! Isn’t it annoying that we never thought to photograph the places we took for granted back then?

Marlyn

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ian,

I'm doing the same, with the era being mid 70s to mid 80s.

I've been harvesting various photographs over the last couple of years, so will have a look to see if I have anything showing the shops in the 80s.

Steve

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, 55020 said:

Hi Ian,

I'm doing the same, with the era being mid 70s to mid 80s.

I've been harvesting various photographs over the last couple of years, so will have a look to see if I have anything showing the shops in the 80s.

Steve

I've looked through all my images, but nothing shows the concourse end of the station close enough to be of any use.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...