Peasevern Yard - 7mm BR Blue shunting layout

Many thanks for all the info' Rob, i just ordered the Slaters wagon kit from a certain shop in Blackpool.;) 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Owd Bob said:

Many thanks for all the info' Rob, i just ordered the Slaters wagon kit from a certain shop in Blackpool.;) 

Great to hear Bob, it is a nice kit. There are loads of surplus bits on the sprues so the build is not as complicated as it seems.

• Thanks 1

Some exciting news with Ellis Clark announcing an O gauge Presflo today, I wish they had done it 3 weeks ago though. At least 6 will be ordered for the layout as the APCM Presflo were a staple on Avon Street. I have a separate thread for my Presflo build which will now be the only one I build.thumbnail_20200523_160816.jpg.9d2467308b9750d55c3417afd7ada0ee.jpg

• Like 8

On 01/11/2019 at 18:55, 37114 said:

Alas it is amazing the day I turned 40 it started deteriorating..

God wait till your 66 and trying to see I needed a magnifying glass to make out the c&l finescale fishplates even with my reading glasses on they both looked same only with readers and magnifier could I distinguish between bolt heads and nuts ! But keep it up you will get there :)

• Friendly/supportive 1

A break from soldering this afternoon,  some progress on the crane. I have fitted the wheels and got the black paint out. Due to the thickness of the die cast metal I went round all the window apertures with a thin brush as it helps to disguise the thickness of the frames. A door has been made to go on and will help hide the old winding handle instructions. 

20200524_142800.jpg

• Like 11

Play time tonight,  testing the Presflo as I put the axle boxes and wheels in earlier. Remarkably I managed to get the wheels straight and true so the wagon actually ran like cream over jelly. Hopefully I should finish the build in a next couple of weeks and then get motoring on the layout.

20200526_213857.jpg.458796d1461237866c4fcd80b68960ab.jpg20200526_213723.jpg.085b26a6e689054fb85c419aef91d129.jpg

• Like 10

The Presflo looks superb.

Jim

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1