Jump to content

Locomansounds: new Britannia video (last post)


Recommended Posts

Locomansounds are pleased to announce their return to the Forum

We are now distributing D&H Dcc decoders in UK 

These decoders are German made  and any information can be found at Locomansounds.com

During our absence we have developed Terrier sound project, Black5, Q Class generic Southern Region sound and the Class 37, our first Diesel Sound project

The Flying Scotsman has just been announced and launched on ESU

Britannia Class will be the next project to be announced although it was delayed due to the new ESU V5 decoder ; in fact we nearly completed the project on the ESU V4 just weeks before ESU announced their new advanced V5 decoder and because of this reason we had no alternative but to put it on hold.

Edited by Locoman58
Welcome Back
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/03/2020 at 21:47, Albie the plumber said:

Bought one recently. 

Great sound project ! 

 

Hi Albie 

Assume this is a 37/0 sound file as the starter motor sounds appear to be missing ? with the vid showing a 37/4 loco..still sounds good though...

 

Ken

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tractor_37260 said:

 

Hi Albie 

Assume this is a 37/0 sound file as the starter motor sounds appear to be missing ? with the vid showing a 37/4 loco..still sounds good though...

 

Ken

 

 

 

Hi Ken , 

Indeed it is ! 

But as I model early 1970's , it's just the job .

However , modellers licence allows to me to have one growler that has an alternator whining away on start up ! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/03/2020 at 21:47, Albie the plumber said:

Bought one recently. 

Great sound project ! 

Just ordered one of these and looking forward to trying it.

 

Anyone else that has got one, any recommendation on speakers please?

 

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cravensdmufan said:

Just ordered one of these and looking forward to trying it.

 

Anyone else that has got one, any recommendation on speakers please?

 

Thanks.

As I have a decoder tester , I always set the chip up on this and try out various speakers .

The EM2 is probably the best to my ear but I've also tried the new square megabase speaker that Roads and Rails supplied and it's quite good ! 

Just depends on how much work you want to do on your 37.

I'm trying the latter speakers on my existing sound chipped 37's that currently run with 58x22 base reflexes in the tanks .

I did one with ZIMO active drive sounds last week and its sounds much better to my ear .

Will be trying them out on my 47's before too long .

I did do a 47 with an EM2 but it's a lorra lorra work !

  • Informative/Useful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the info Albie - I have a good few different spare speakers in my "DCC" box and I'll try a few and report back.

 

As with all other soundchips and indeed the positioning of speaker(s) in locos it's all trial and error to get the "right" tone of sound.  And then of course we all have different preferences!

 

I'm afraid that milling out chassis blocks is a step too far for me. But I do fancy trying that square megabase speaker from Richard.  He did a test video of a few different speakers recently:

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cravensdmufan said:

Thanks for all the info Albie - I have a good few different spare speakers in my "DCC" box and I'll try a few and report back.

 

As with all other soundchips and indeed the positioning of speaker(s) in locos it's all trial and error to get the "right" tone of sound.  And then of course we all have different preferences!

 

I'm afraid that milling out chassis blocks is a step too far for me. But I do fancy trying that square megabase speaker from Richard.  He did a test video of a few different speakers recently:

 

 

 

Thanks, it is very good, its saved me milling a few of my own models as well because its so good. Its maybe not quite as loud as some setups where milling is needed but thats not a problem for most people anyway

  • Informative/Useful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/03/2020 at 13:31, Hamburger said:

That square speaker with the metal membrane seems to be a good alternative to the EM speakers.

Wired 2 together the other night on my '37 with Coastal DCC sounds  

Definitely better than 1 .

Unlike mixing 2 different speakers together where one seems to stifle the other , 2 square megabass' seem to join forces to actually make it better. 

  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 15/03/2020 at 12:17, Albie the plumber said:

 

I did one with ZIMO active drive sounds last week and its sounds much better to my ear .

Will be trying them out on my 47's before too long .

I did do a 47 with an EM2 but it's a lorra lorra work !

Just to make I understand it correctly, does the Zimo active drive sound better than the D&H? I just want to have an idea how good the D&H is.

 

Marc

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nstars said:

Just to make I understand it correctly, does the Zimo active drive sound better than the D&H? I just want to have an idea how good the D&H is.

 

Marc

PM sent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Proud to present first video of our LNER Q6 sound project on D&H decoder.

Sounds taken from our Zimo project, enhanced to 16bit quality. Adding new features such as automatic coasting (adjustable) in shunting / light engine mode or buffer clashing and clanking with auto-off at stop.

Enjoy!

 

Link to video:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtqVSGNx_Gc&list=PLZB86Yx18yLc73ee3ikmc6Bess8xpoDCG&index=2&t=0smaxresdefault.jpg&cfs=1&upscale=1&fallba

 

 

 

 

Edited by Locoman58
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Are the D+H decoders available for larger scale locos too, such as Heljan's O gauge items?

I'm interested in trying the 37 sound in a Heljan loco but doubt the OO gauge locos available will cope with the current draw?

Dave

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Are the D+H decoders available for larger scale locos too, such as Heljan's O gauge items?

I'm interested in trying the 37 sound in a Heljan loco but doubt the OO gauge locos available will cope with the current draw?

Dave

Dave,

the larger OO gauge D&H decoders can handle up to 2 amps of motor current (SD21 and SD22).
Certainly sufficient for an O gauge loco with just one motor but with 2 motors you are at the limit. Some Heljan 37 were reported to need just 1.5 amps while others draw 2.5 amps.

Locoman

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Locoman58 said:

Dave,

the larger OO gauge D&H decoders can handle up to 2 amps of motor current (SD21 and SD22).
Certainly sufficient for an O gauge loco with just one motor but with 2 motors you are at the limit. Some Heljan 37 were reported to need just 1.5 amps while others draw 2.5 amps.

Locoman

 

THanks Locoman, I was looking at putting it in a Heljan 37 so I might not take the risk now but will keep an eye out for a large scale decoder :-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Locoman58 changed the title to Locomansounds: links to Britannia (last but one) and GWR King video (last post)
  • Locoman58 changed the title to Locomansounds: new Britannia video (last post)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.