Tyteford Halte

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, 4wDH said:

Mark can I say you have produced a lovely little photo plank. The back scene along with the ground cover and foliage around the photo plank is spot on. 

Thank you 4wDH and to all those who have followed this build and left the likes and the great comments.

All the best

Mark

• RMweb Premium
On 19/04/2020 at 14:15, chuffinghell said:

Very impressive how you use forced perspective to give the impression of depth

Hats off to you sir

Thank you Chris, your comments are very much appreciated.

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, Calidore said:

Very charming greenery Mark, the weight is just right, not too much and not too little.

PS I also got hold of some deep gap polyfilla recently -- will let you know how I get on when I've tried it.

Adam

Thanks Adam, I'm hoping you get on all right with the filler - works for me!

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, Kevin Johnson said:

A stunning photo plank. Mark I am impressed with your ivy and the way it’s grows over the brickwork. 
Can you share how how make your ivy please.

Thanks Kevin, leave it with me and I'll see if I can put together a series of photos showing ivy production with running commentary.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, GWRswindon101 said:

That looks absolutely magnificent. Just to clarify, what scale is this in?

Thanks, scale is 4mm to the foot and track gauge is P4.

• RMweb Premium

Evening folks

Now back to the cameo scenes I keep on talking about. The first of which will involve fencing repairs on the platform. 3 panels of platform fencing are rotten beyond repair and are in the process of being replaced, posts an all. We visit at the early stages where the new timber supports and posts have just been installed and the first coat of wood primer is about to be applied. Unfortunately the workmen have knocked off for the night (looks like rain) and are nowhere to be seen. They will make an appearance in the next update, after I have assured them that Henry the Hoover will definitely not be making an appearance in this scene.

Below are the before and after pics, first one showing fence as was and second showing new section of fence under construction.

092.jpg.8eeea0f2ec7a025559ce3edf087bd5a0.jpg

091.jpg.d75e3a7fde3c4a1bc7c67a4330bad009.jpg

Edited by MAP66
Restoring lost images.
  • Like 9

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, GWRswindon101 said:

nice. thanks :)

would it be alright if i used the same sort of layout idea for a siding area on my layout? Thank you.

Yes, no problem go for it.

Regards

Mark

• RMweb Premium

Small update tonight, ever since Calidore kindly shared his tarpaulin making skills from 'St Mabyn' I've been working on a way to introduce a tarpaulin into Tyteford Halte. Not quite a tarpaulin but dust sheets instead but still made from tissue paper. I've draped one over the lower fence rail being repaired to stop paint spots covering the platform and the other is partially draped over the bench with tool tray on top. The bench has been dragged sideways across the platform to serve as a barrier while works are in progress. The dust sheets are still drying and will require painting when dry. More bits and pieces to add for next update...

All the best

Mark

093.jpg.79a215047bcf35e4bbdb1d791bd7283b.jpg

Edited by MAP66
Restoring lost images.
  • Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 5

• RMweb Premium

Slowly moving forward, couple more items added.

Definitely going to have another attempt at making a couple of saw horses and adding another workman painting the fence with a few more tools lying about including a broom. I will also add a poster board leaning up against the back of the seat which has been removed from the fence.

That will then complete that little scene. Then its back to the signal, signal box, the yard and finally the tunnel mouth area with a lot more greenery.

All the best

Mark

094.jpg.b39be1a3520827df5448b5ab8044e568.jpg

095.jpg.442e7d966dd9ba4e7697b87422e68853.jpg

Edited by MAP66
Restoring lost images.
  • Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 9

Have to say that you have created such a realistic cameo scene, not just in terms of skills as a modeller but also in thinking through every aspect of the scene, down to the paint spots on the dust sheets below the paint can hung on the top rail.  Inspirational, as always.

Steve S

• Thanks 1

Liking the dust sheets Mark! The toolbox and paint pot really make that scene though, what tiny little tools. The bench used as a barrier looks so natural as well but I don't think I've ever seen it modelled before, nice idea.

Adam

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Have to say that you have created such a realistic cameo scene, not just in terms of skills as a modeller but also in thinking through every aspect of the scene, down to the paint spots on the dust sheets below the paint can hung on the top rail.  Inspirational, as always.

Steve S

Thank Steve, I think the scene was helped by the amount of DIY i've undertaken over the years. Glad you like it.

All the best

Mark

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, Calidore said:

Liking the dust sheets Mark! The toolbox and paint pot really make that scene though, what tiny little tools. The bench used as a barrier looks so natural as well but I don't think I've ever seen it modelled before, nice idea.

Adam

Thanks Adam

Using your technique for making tarpaulins, worked a treat for the dust sheets, thanks again.

Not sure the bench idea happened in practice but I reckon even in the 1930's workman would have segregated the work area from the public in a scene like this so why not use what's to hand.

Just a note on the tools, they really are tiny and they come on a brass fret, have to be particularly careful when releasing them from the fret, as they end up all distorted.

All the best

Mark

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

Well that attempt of making a couple more saw horses was 50% successful, I have one and there won't be any more, trust me. The story is Fred (AKA the carpenter) decided he only needed to take one saw horse out of the van for this job as the legs had fallen off the other one.

We join Fred sawing an inch of the end of the next top rail. He forgot the old adage of measure twice, cut once. 

Still haven't got around to painting the painter. So we will imagine that this character, at the moment, is a bit work shy and after only painting half a top rail, has wandered off to score the first cup of tea of the day by making himself known to the signalman. He will definitely appear in the next post (paintbrush in hand) which will be the last of this particular cameo as its going on a bit. 

Here's Fred...

20200502_213849.jpg

20200502_230326.jpg

• Like 12
  • Craftsmanship/clever 6

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, sb67 said:

Lovely cameo Mark, the dust sheets look great. I've got that tools etch and they are tiny! You've done well with them. 

Thanks Steve

Should look even better when I add Arthur the painter.

All the best

Mark

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1