If you are after something in particular post your wanted ad here.

Hornby Sprung Cab Doors for class 90 / 91 (82 DVT)

puddin68

15 minutes ago, puddin68 said:

Hi would anyone have a set of 2 Hornby Sprung Cab Doors for Class 82 DVT or class 90 / 91 if the doors are the same size or does anybody know where I can get replacement doors for the class 82 loco??, many thanks, Chris.

The Hornby Class 90/91 never had sprung opening doors, if their DVT did then your best bet would be Peter's Spares or ebay. I believe the DVT isn't a loco also, just an unpowered trailer with a cab.

yes I thank you for your correction, maybe you can help me reword it so it's correct?, what I have is a Hornby class 82 DVT Virgin Train charter relief trailer that has Sprung Cab Doors and I'm looking for replacement ones, the class 90 & 91 look the same but I didn't know if they were spring loaded, many thanks, Chris.

• RMweb Premium

I think your wording is fine, although you’re specifically looking for a sprung door for a mk3 DVT. The mk4 DVT is also a class 82, also made by Hornby, but doesn’t have sprung doors. Ignore the 82 bit and just ask for a door for a mk3 DVT. 

Easy mistake to make. I often see them described as class 82s when in fact the real class 82s were an endearingly ugly little thing that was withdrawn just before the DVTs were first built. 

8EA43167-F2BE-4D29-AF65-2FED70D84C64.jpeg

Edited by ianmacc
Added a picture of one
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1