Gopher

Sir William A Stanier being turned.

This loco has a Youchoos sound project on a Zimo decoder.  Speaker space in the tender was slightly limited.  Had to remove the weight, fit the speaker then add some additional weights to make up the loss.    Also had to add weight to the front of the loco to reduce the tendency of the front bogies to jump ship on certain crossings.    

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 4

4F on weekly coal train bound for Dewchurch.  Bobby was a bit slow pulling off the signal at Harewood Halt.  Apologies again for the dodgy camera work.  More proof (if it is needed) that there is at least one man (me) who cannot multi task. 

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold
On 17/07/2020 at 09:01, Gopher said:

More proof (if it is needed) that there is at least one man (me) who cannot multi task. 

Edited yesterday at 09:07 by Gopher

Consider yourself gifted; some of have trouble unitasking...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Consider yourself gifted; some of have trouble unitasking...

Thanks - I fear that I am heading that way despite years of "training" during my married life.  I think my "trainer" has given up.  

A4 Guillemot heading for Dewchurch with a Pullman train. 

It is fitted with a Wheeltappers sound project.  I have had this loco for quite a few years,  runs very well and very sure footed.  Maybe it just me but I find some of the new Hornby locos are more prone to derailments.  

• Like 5

4 hours ago, lmsforever said:

Your residents are well looked after with a Pullman express all mine get is a once daily via Bradford to Devon you cant spoil em you know! Chris

I agree Chris, the Pullman is not a regular service, more of a cross country race day special.  Having said that, the regular train service to Dewchurch includes several expresses, as well as local stopping trains, so the residents are truly spoiled (as are any train spotters).   

• Like 1

Proof if you like, that no matter what your bosses may spout, that multitasking is simply making a half assed job of several tasks and having to go back to them several times. Of course, that gives them an excuse to pass you over for raises and promotions on the spurious grounds that you "aren't quite hitting the ground running" or similar corporate BS...

Your photography is still 100 times better than mine! 

3 hours ago, chuffinghell said:

In that case I can multitask :lol:

You're not alone. I have half assed and half finished stuff all over the place. But, I have been making a conscious effort to not start anything else until I have cleared the workbench in our house and the one in the workshop underneath it. Believe it or not, it's working. I am now only three weeks behind my imagined schedule :scratchhead:

11 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Proof if you like, that no matter what your bosses may spout, that multitasking is simply making a half assed job of several tasks and having to go back to them several times. Of course, that gives them an excuse to pass you over for raises and promotions on the spurious grounds that you "aren't quite hitting the ground running" or similar corporate BS...

Your photography is still 100 times better than mine! 

When you put it like that I am clearly a brilliant multi tasker.    

Thanks - I find my Canon camera takes the best photos, but it is a bit bulkier than my smart phone, so harder to get into confined spaces (my excuse for posting so many photos of the same scenes).  The only editing I do on the photos is to occasionally crop them, and adjust the brightness and contrast.     

A bit of a strange photo.  First of all I thought the A4 Guillemot had been derailed by one of the platform people falling on the line.  No it is simply the angle the photo is taken at, which makes it look like the A4 is jacked up at the front. 

20200719_135424.jpg

• Like 4

Close up of part of the backscene.  Petite Properties warehouse and Townstreet factory - both half relief.  Can't remember where I got the chimney from  - possibly Walthers with a scratch built base.   The paving is Redutex sheet lightly weathered by me

IMG_3945.JPG

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 7

I do like the waiting shelter on Harewood halt. Looking at the timber framed brickwork reminds me very much of the buildings on the Hemyock branch, the name of the designer escapes me at the moment! Very plausible bit of repurposing, looks like you have freight, passenger and trains of thought on regular service.^_^

1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

I do like the waiting shelter on Harewood halt. Looking at the timber framed brickwork reminds me very much of the buildings on the Hemyock branch, the name of the designer escapes me at the moment! Very plausible bit of repurposing, looks like you have freight, passenger and trains of thought on regular service.^_^

Thanks Mr Wolf.  I sometimes see a building I just want to add to the layout somewhere.  The Wills bus shelter is one example.  It is a nice looking little structure, clearly far too good to be a bus shelter. 

I rather like it too. There isn't much space on my layout for anything else and I don't want to clutter it up. If I had a double line and a second platform, I would be tempted to make a down platform building by joining two or three together, leaving one open fronted and putting a front wall with a window and door in the others. 

That kit has a lot of possibilities.

8 hours ago, MrWolf said:

I rather like it too. There isn't much space on my layout for anything else and I don't want to clutter it up. If I had a double line and a second platform, I would be tempted to make a down platform building by joining two or three together, leaving one open fronted and putting a front wall with a window and door in the others. 

That kit has a lot of possibilities.

Good idea, I think the kit has potential to create bigger buildings.  It can be hard to avoid cluttering a layout.  I love layouts where there is just well modelled open countryside with maybe the odd farm building, animal etc.  I like cameo scenes - but it is easy to overdo it.  I think the less is more approach often works best.   

• Agree 1