Gopher

12 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

You've obviously never visited Lincoln Cathedral; I thought it was a bit steep and I'm Welsh!

Yes I agree that bit is steep (I have visited it, lovely building).      

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

23 hours ago, Gopher said:

Number 15 bus trundles up the newly resurfaced Station Road.  At least the Conductor no longer has to hang on for grim death because of the rough road surface.    

IMG_4355.JPG

IMG_4356.JPG

20200616_130203.jpg

I don't remember WMT allowing even the oldest Birmingham buses to get that dirty- certainly in City Transport days they were immaculate and dents and scratches were fixed on the same day if possible..

Les

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Les1952 said:

I don't remember WMT allowing even the oldest Birmingham buses to get that dirty- certainly in City Transport days they were immaculate and dents and scratches were fixed on the same day if possible..

Les

Yes I am guilty of over weathering it.  It was actually worse until I cleaned it up a bit, but agree it is probably a bit too dirty.   I simply cannot be trusted once I get an airbrush in my hand !      

6 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Yes I am guilty of over weathering it.  It was actually worse until I cleaned it up a bit, but agree it is probably a bit too dirty.   I simply cannot be trusted once I get an airbrush in my hand !      

P.S  - to be honest Les when I first weathered it, I thought s*** , I have ruined a good and expensive model.  So tried to take remedial action to clean it up.  Of course the cream livery also makes it more obvious.  I'll have to think of an excuse for running it in that condition.  Thanks for the comment.     

• RMweb Gold

No rain for weeks and temperatures in the 90s, much like '76.  '58 had been spectacularly wet, though (we had a family camping holiday on Hayling Island washed out), so the reservoirs were able to cope better than '76, preceded by a dry summer and autumn in '75.

The sad part of this is that I'm old enough to remember both...  

Edited by The Johnster
  • Friendly/supportive 1

15 hours ago, The Johnster said:

No rain for weeks and temperatures in the 90s, much like '76.  '58 had been spectacularly wet, though (we had a family camping holiday on Hayling Island washed out), so the reservoirs were able to cope better than '76, preceded by a dry summer and autumn in '75.

The sad part of this is that I'm old enough to remember both...  

I remember 76, and the relief when we finally had some rain I think in late Sept.  Worked on the farm all summer,  hay and then harvest  incredibly hot and dry.      

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Gopher said:

I remember 76, and the relief when we finally had some rain I think in late Sept.  Worked on the farm all summer,  hay and then harvest  incredibly hot and dry.      

The ground had gone so hard that we had the wonder of water restrictions during some heavy flooding...  

The South Wales mountains were impressive at night, with grass fires outlining the silhouettes of them, and the Valleys suffered even more than usual from sheep incursions.

The shed nocturnes are very believable; I can almost hear the noises as locos cool down.

2 hours ago, The Johnster said:

The ground had gone so hard that we had the wonder of water restrictions during some heavy flooding...  

The South Wales mountains were impressive at night, with grass fires outlining the silhouettes of them, and the Valleys suffered even more than usual from sheep incursions.

The shed nocturnes are very believable; I can almost hear the noises as locos cool down.

Thanks Johnster for the compliment.  Yes 76 was a strange old year, just seemed to be never ending heat, only relieved by sitting in pub gardens in the evening enjoying a pint or two.  

• Like 1

Empty cattle wagons heading towards Dewchurch, where their passengers await (feigning interest in the standard class 4 at Platform 1).   There is a partially completed station building in the background, waiting for me to add chimneys and roof tiles.  (photos to follow in due course).    

I am never sure whether dairy cattle were carried by train.   I think the answer must be yes as long as it was a shortish distance to accommodate milking at either end.   Most 4mm cattle from the various suppliers are dairy, so my cattle trains inevitably pick up and deliver dairy cattle, with the odd bull thrown in.     

20200625_092438.jpg

IMG_0278.JPG

• Like 6

Thats a lot of moo !    looks very good also the high st pics  the van going over the pedestarian crossing in front of the lady tipical of the time.Just ordered some more kits from In the Greenwood the housebacks look very good.

2 hours ago, lmsforever said:

Thats a lot of moo !    looks very good also the high st pics  the van going over the pedestarian crossing in front of the lady tipical of the time.Just ordered some more kits from In the Greenwood the housebacks look very good.

Thanks Imsforever.  The laser cut kits are excellent from the various suppliers, and the range is ever expanding .  As I have said before suits me because I am a hopeless scratch builder.       

More views of the new weighbridge.

Currently in the process of  tiling the Petite Properties station building kit.  Quite a big roof space to add tiles to.  When finished I will then have two station buildings for Dewchurch - but which one to use ?  I must break this addiction to making  building kits when there is no real need to replace what is already in place on the layout.  I've also got a Wills Craftsman two road engine shed on the to do list.  If I don't c*** it up making it I'll see if it is a worthy replacement for the current Townstreet engine shed, which has a certain presence .    The Langley combine harvester is also waiting to be built.  Also got to weather the new Bachmann Class 117 DMU (lovely model).  Modelu figures to paint.   Have to start working extra shifts.             

IMG_4213.JPG

IMG_4482.JPG

IMG_4483.JPG

• Like 11