24 hours on and the clay has hardened nicely. I'll leave it a few day before painting it but Im pretty pleased with the results so far. 

37112 ticking over having just run round the stock before departing for Fort William.

16024320616317274209696578026107.jpg

• Like 9
Just now, mallaig1983 said:

I didn't get to do any modelling until 4 this afternoon but it wasn't a wasted day as I went to grice the Ffestiniog Railway gala.

IMG_20201011_132322.jpg.2c8965f3f33cedef7a8932ff6dc99050.jpg

And for some reason photos keep loading on the cack. Best viewed if you tilt your head to the right lol

• Funny 1
18 hours ago, mallaig1983 said:

24 hours on and the clay has hardened nicely. I'll leave it a few day before painting it but Im pretty pleased with the results so far. 

37112 ticking over having just run round the stock before departing for Fort William.

16024320616317274209696578026107.jpg

I do like your platform, looks great! 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

A couple more coats of paint have gone on to the platform surface today. Between coats I have been playing trains. 37112 is the novelty loco at the minute now that it has sound. After I blew the first chip and successfully fitted the second albeit with the wrong speaker I tried to wire up the twin iPhone speaker to the chip. My soldering skills were a bit clumsy and I was unsuccessful so decided to have another go. Somehow I managed to pull the wire off the decoder. On inspection I instantly knew that I was not capable of soldering it back on so loco, speaker and chip were packed off to Richard Croft at Roads and Rails. 2 days later it was running around on Mallaig. Fantastic service from a really helpful chap. He'll now get all my decoder/speaker business. This is my first aftermarket sound loco, my other 3 having factory fitted sound (to be reblown and with better speakers. 37112 has a Legoman biffo WD chip and mated with the double iPhone speaker sounds great. Flange squealling to my delight running through the points while running round. 

Anyway here is a photo of the platform. Will need at least one more coat of paint.

Andy

IMG_20201018_163247.jpg

• Like 7