TCS UWT-100 Universal WiFi Throttle.

TCS are releasing smaller UWT throttles (UWT-50) later this year and there are a number of special pre-release offers available.  Details on the TCS website, which also has a new shopping cart available specifically for UK customers.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Oh,........ itseems that TCS UK has been discontinued?   Shame, John Russell was always very helpful.

Now I do have a UWT 100, it's better than an iPhone with wiThrottle, but no better than a iPad with wiThrottle IMHO. I find the screens on smart phones too small.

The most annoying thing that I've found with my UWT 100 is that it doesn't display 28 speed steps, ok it will still control any loco with whatever speed steps entered into a decoder, but it only ever displays 128 speed steps. If anyone else knows how to alter this, I'd be very thankful for the information. Other than that it's fine, a good easy to use simple and intuitive throttle, very similar to an NCE Procab / Powercab, both of which I love using.

However because of the speed step issue I rarely use it, because it makes controlling an express train really frantic, having to keep turning the thumbwheel or push buttons repeatedly........................If I want an untethered throttle I'll use my iPad.

Regards,

Eveannessant

Edited by Eveannessant

9 hours ago, Eveannessant said:

Oh,........ itseems that TCS UK has been discontinued?   Shame, John Russell was always very helpful.

Now I do have a UWT 100, it's better than an iPhone with wiThrottle, but no better than a iPad with wiThrottle IMHO. I find the screens on smart phones too small.

The most annoying thing that I've found with my UWT 100 is that it doesn't display 28 speed steps, ok it will still control any loco with whatever speed steps entered into a decoder, but it only ever displays 128 speed steps. If anyone else knows how to alter this, I'd be very thankful for the information. Other than that it's fine, a good easy to use simple and intuitive throttle, very similar to an NCE Procab / Powercab, both of which I love using.

However because of the speed step issue I rarely use it, because it makes controlling an express train really frantic, having to keep turning the thumbwheel or push buttons repeatedly........................If I want an untethered throttle I'll use my iPad.

The devices seem to be readily available through other DCC retailers in the UK. 

The rate of change of the push-buttons can be altered in settings in the throttle.  So, if you want, say, 16/128 steps per button push, you can have that.    I don't think you can change away from 128 steps on the display.  

• Informative/Useful 1