BR A4 Experimental Blue 1948-51

robmcg

• 2 months later...

I agree RAL 5013 is probably the colour Hornby have gone for with the new Merchant Navy.

This humble container in 5013 cobolt blue gives a good idea having both shade and sun visible

10ft-x-8ft-steel-storage-container-blue-RAL-5013-doors-closed.jpg

Edited by maico

• RMweb Gold

I’m thinking of getting one of Hornby’s A4’s in the experimental blue livery, probably R3701 60028 “Walter K. Whigham” but I was wondering when was the last A4 in this livery repainted into standard lined green?

Edited by jools1959
Typo

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, jools1959 said:

I’m thinking of getting one of Hornby’s A4’s in the experimental blue livery, probably R3701 60028 “Walter K. Whigham” but I was wondering when was the last A4 in this livery repainted into standard lined green?

According to the BRDatabase website, Walter was the last one to lose its purple. Went to blue then green. 

C77A0FEF-96EB-416A-BB7E-F3113378745A.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 17/05/2020 at 21:41, w4rrn said:

Be interesting to see a pic of the current Hornby 60028 along side the early LTD edition Manchester Model fair 60027 Merlin for a colour comparison. 

I do own the Merlin model, but I won't be purchasing the WKW model. 

I don't have a photo to hand as I'm currently at work but when I put both of mine together, 028 is more "purple" than 027.

- James

• RMweb Premium
51 minutes ago, jamesC37LG said:

I don't have a photo to hand as I'm currently at work but when I put both of mine together, 028 is more "purple" than 027.

- James

Here’s your photo from the How Many A4’s thread. Not sure if it’s just because the light is showing more on Walter but definitely looks lighter than Merlin 

CF7F5F49-7C25-461A-9501-E6D707A32CEC.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1