Bachmann 5700 to 6700

Remove vacuum and steam heating pipes if fitted. Including the pipes running the length of the running plate valance to the buffer beams.

Make sure you keep the pipes for the injectors which are the ones by the cab footsteps.

They also didn't have ATC, but I don't think that's represented on the model anyway.

A good side on view here.

https://www.warwickshirerailways.com/gwr/gwrt355.htm

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

The 6750 class (mostly built post nationalisation by BR) also had a revised joint between the coupling rod sections allowing it to manage tighter curves.  The locos were primarily (not exclusively) used on the company's dock systems in South Wales, and at Avonmouth.  Tondu had 6762 brand new in 1949, xfer Swansea Upper Bank 1956, so I have modelled it by simply renumbering with new plates and removing the vacuum bags.  I haven't bothered removing the vacuum brake from the cab because view of it is blocked by a fat driver anyway.  I can't imagine what the loco was doing at Tondu, as it was the only member of it's class ever allox there; any ideas or information will be much appreciated!

• Informative/Useful 1