Plastic 00 figures 1950-80

BernardTPM

Thanks for your replies, great info to get my collection in shape.

I followed up the Mainline/Palitoy/Replica references and have found pics of those in loco accessory packs so that's a confirmed identification. I also noticed that I had the two seated drivers already fitted in a Mainline warship, I should have noticed them before and made the connection!

Not yet sure which locos the standing fireman  appeared with though.

The Matchbox figures are 00, I'll post up some comparison shots of them stood by Merit figures after my next mini photo session. The Fire engine was issued several times in slightly different sizes, the 1/64 version is the more usually seen version.

Those blue plastic Hong Kong figures are new to me, and I have so far been unable to find any further information, I'll keep looking. Any chance of a pic of the bases so the mark can be compared  please?

BernardTPM, I have spares of the Merit coalman with sack and the Hornby Dublo shoveller with intact shovel if you are still looking for them, PM me an address and I'll pop them in the post. 

• Like 3

On 30/03/2023 at 16:20, jon attwood said:

And a couple of unidentified figures to round off my posting for today, in blue plastic, these do seem to turn up fairly regularly, but I have yet to attribute them to a particular manufacturer, any ideas?

loco crew.jpg

1 hour ago, jon attwood said:

Thanks for your replies, great info to get my collection in shape.

I followed up the Mainline/Palitoy/Replica references and have found pics of those in loco accessory packs so that's a confirmed identification. I also noticed that I had the two seated drivers already fitted in a Mainline warship, I should have noticed them before and made the connection!

Not yet sure which locos the standing fireman  appeared with though.

It looks as if Bachmann were still offering these figures in the accessory packs for some of their locos into the early 2000's- I've just had a dig in my stock boxes for a circa 2001/2 Bachmann Royal Scot (6155, 'The Lancer', catalogue no. 31-281, which is of course the ex-Mainline tooling) which includes driver, fireman and  a little black plastic seat moulding for the driver. I think they also appeared in their early releases of the Ivatt 2-6-2T, amongst others. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, Canal Digger said:

To my eyes not only are the models different but the finish (paint?) on the 'Micro' figures looks different.

I posted the N Gauge version. I'm afraid I might get in trouble for posting the H0 version which is on the Gaugemaster website. Code PR10211.

They date from the 1970s at least, as I remember them, they've probably been revamped since. Maybe we are looking at an older version?

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Maybe we are looking at an older version?

Possibly. Regarding the Ebay figures we may also be looking at chinese knock off copies of Preiser originals. A long while ago I was lucky enough to obtain a large amount of Preiser seated figures, very useful for populating carriages. I've also been given some of the chinese copies. These copies always appear to be skinny and lacking in facial definition.

Regards, Rich

• Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1