Integration of Parkside and Ratio

Fat Controller

Ah, so if scale is going to be the main criteria I wonder if Ratio might end up as N gauge only, the 4mm buildings going into the Wills range (a lot of people confuse Ratio buildings with Wills ones anyway) and Parkside N gauge kits into Ratio?

Edited by BernardTPM

On 28/07/2020 at 08:17, Antony Farrell said:

When was the last time Ratio put out a new coach kit? With the loss of the 4mm ranges swallowed by Coopercraft I could do with some easy to build (relatively) GWR Dean and Churchward coaching stock.

The toplights and clerestory coaches are now back with Slaters and are in the process of being re-released. 

• Informative/Useful 1

On 28/07/2020 at 14:35, Steamport Southport said:

The old Slaters kits?

Slaters have them. They've already released most of the wagons. The PO wagons are available from POW Sides.

There was something a little while ago saying they needed new instructions for the coach kits.

Jason

They have the instructions. I provided them. They have a lot more to sort out, but are progressing as and when other commitments allow.

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, BernardTPM said:

I hope they upgrade the chassis to the same standard as the 9ft wb kit chassis then, though I doubt they'll enlarge them from 2mm scale length to N.

I've only built the Grampus but I rather liked the chassis kit.  Being moulded in a more resilient plastic (ABS?) it was tougher than it looked and I was even able to bend the flat brake levers to some semblance of their three dimensional shape, which you can't easily do with the polystyrene 4mm kits.  The brass buffers do have a tendency to fall out and probably need the application of a better adhesive than I used. At the size of a grampus I'm not bothered about the scale discrepancy.  I'd certainly welcome some more of these kits but doubt we'll see any.