Starter kits, and kit to get started

It is because the system uses session variables. So when you are first sent to the main page the session variable is set thus allowing the the pop up page to appear when you go back to the link.

Unfortunately it is not possible to make them separate pages but all the info required is on the main page anyway. The popup windows were an original idea to allow larger images to be displayed without taking up a large amounts of space on the main page.

With the advent of systems such as Lightbox it is now possible to display larger images as an overlay. This has been done with many other pages on the site such as the eLayout listings and will be rolled out to the Judith Edge page shortly.

It is needed to remove security vulnerabilities in the system.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Hi, I'm sending you a Branchlines 4mm loco kit catalog by pm.

Branchlines might have what you are after, they offer plastic, brass and white metal kits complete with chassis, wheels, motor and g/b for reasonable prices.  The plastic Dapol kit based locos might suit you.  You have to do a lot of work scraping off molded hand rails etc but with Airfix experience this should not be too difficult.  As standard they come with OO wheels from a couple of different manufacturers, Mashima or equivalent good quality motors and Branchlines gear boxes.  The chassis are etched n/s but easy to solder together without a jig.  Chassis can be built either rigid or compensated (OO does not really need to be compensated but does improve electrical pickup).  Branchlines does not have a web page but an email request should get you varous catalogs (sales@branchlines.com) I have bought from them for many years and the mail order service overseas is great.  They do O-16.5 kits including chassis etc for the famous Peco narrow gauge loco trio.

Micro Mark is a good small tool supplier in the US and I presume can ship to Canada.  I got a great variable temp Weller soldering station for about $60 a while ago.  Ideal for both white metal and brass.  It's also the only source of low melt solder I have found this side of the pond (Tix).  micromark.com

• Like 1

Good news, following work last night and this morning, I have managed to amend the coding so that when the popup window is removed the links already provided will continue to work.

What they do now is take you to the specific kit on the Judith Edge main page.

Thanks to everyone who brought this to my attention as I was keen to ensure that those links were not broken.

Edited by ukmodelshops
Incorrect URLs
  • Like 2