Online ordering now open!

rapidoandy

4 hours ago, cessna152towser said:

In the past Modellbahn Union had some sort of tie in with Dapol.  Just had a look at their website this morning and I see they currently advertise some Accurascale wagons.   Maybe they could be persuaded to take on other 00 brands?

As far as I know, they almost always have some stock from Bachmann, Hornby, Dapol, Oxford, Peco etc.. See here:

https://www.modellbahnunion.com/e-vendo.php?shop=dm-toys-en&SessionId=0502x629507f354a51954587d31f3deed8b6c&a=marken

I cannot say, however, which Hornby "Tier" they are in (they have a small shop in Kamen next to their warehouse but are, I'd say, mostly an online seller) and I also get the feeling that they get the (badly selling) left-overs from Bachmann rather than all the new items.

They used to have Oxford Rail as well but since Brexit hardly any new items were added.

From what I have seen, they are a Rapido dealer, but seemingly, only for North-American models:

https://www.modellbahnunion.com/Rapido-m21948.htm?shop=dm-toys-en&SessionId=&a=marke&Hersteller=21948

Bendix

5 hours ago, cessna152towser said:

In the past Modellbahn Union had some sort of tie in with Dapol.  Just had a look at their website this morning and I see they currently advertise some Accurascale wagons.   Maybe they could be persuaded to take on other 00 brands?

Accurascale would be easy for an EU shop though given they operate in both the EU and UK and thus they handle any necessary hassles other than shipping.

• Like 1

Evening all,

I apologise for my slow response. The last few days have been hard work!

Going back to the question asked of me - where is it best to buy from. Well there is no simple or correct answer to this.

Yes buying from us direct is helpful. It gives us a little money from the deposits at the time of order plus the slightly higher full RRP gives us some extra pennies in the long run.

However, buying from retailers (especially at the pre-order point) gives them confidence in us as a brand and will help them feel confident in ordering higher quantities of products in the future - again to our benefit.

The biggest issue for us is cash flow. We are still new and with the exception of the Fleetline and latest run of Arab buses we have no real income. However with some 20+ projects on the go there is a lot of outgoings. In the future this will be much more balanced but right now every penny counts.

The best thing anyone can do to support us is to pre-order products when they are announced (I know that sounds like a horrific sales pitch). However, it really does help us set our future budgets and point us in the right direction by seeing what people are actually buying. We are constantly looking at new projects and as such looking at the data of current sales. I would much rather use the data than predictions…

I hope that makes some form of sense.  I apologise if not - lack of sleep caused by weather related issues is to blame!

Happy modelling!

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

2 hours ago, rapidoandy said:

Evening all,

I apologise for my slow response. The last few days have been hard work!

Going back to the question asked of me - where is it best to buy from. Well there is no simple or correct answer to this.

Yes buying from us direct is helpful. It gives us a little money from the deposits at the time of order plus the slightly higher full RRP gives us some extra pennies in the long run.

However, buying from retailers (especially at the pre-order point) gives them confidence in us as a brand and will help them feel confident in ordering higher quantities of products in the future - again to our benefit.

The biggest issue for us is cash flow. We are still new and with the exception of the Fleetline and latest run of Arab buses we have no real income. However with some 20+ projects on the go there is a lot of outgoings. In the future this will be much more balanced but right now every penny counts.

The best thing anyone can do to support us is to pre-order products when they are announced (I know that sounds like a horrific sales pitch). However, it really does help us set our future budgets and point us in the right direction by seeing what people are actually buying. We are constantly looking at new projects and as such looking at the data of current sales. I would much rather use the data than predictions…

I hope that makes some form of sense.  I apologise if not - lack of sleep caused by weather related issues is to blame!

Happy modelling!

Thanks for the post RapidoAndy.  I was very very keen to support Rapido with the Birmingham Fleetline so ordered three from Rapido as a "message" !!! I also ordered two gunpowder vans and a "Holly Bank No 3" also a gesture of customer support for the products. 

Similarly when Accurascale announced their wagons I ordered six Coil As and six 21 tonners for the same reason. My belief is that the manufacturer "sees" their orders directly in this way.  

• Like 2
  • Agree 1