Micro Model Railway Dispatch

Another great issue :)

Am I imagining it, or did I see somewhere that there's a competition this year to do a Pizza layout?  I can't seem to find a reference to it though, browsing back through the facebook page.  I missed out on the Carl Ardent-inspired build last year (I started making it, did the baseboards, then for one reason and another ran out of time)

On 19/06/2023 at 16:29, Ben B said:

Another great issue :)

Am I imagining it, or did I see somewhere that there's a competition this year to do a Pizza layout?  I can't seem to find a reference to it though, browsing back through the facebook page.  I missed out on the Carl Ardent-inspired build last year (I started making it, did the baseboards, then for one reason and another ran out of time)

That is on the micro model railroad cartel Facebook page. I think the details are on the micro model railroad cartel blog page too. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ian Holmes said:

That is on the micro model railroad cartel Facebook page. I think the details are on the micro model railroad cartel blog page too. 

Thanks- I managed to find the rules. My wife (who's a school DT tech) cut me a circle of wood, so no excuses, this time I'm determined to get a layout done :)

• Like 1

On 19/06/2023 at 23:09, mullie said:

Really enjoying the latest magazine,  thanks for posting  

Martyn 

I particularly liked "Dounreay", the Scottish BLT in British HO. Not only because it reminded me of my own foray into British HO, many years ago now, but it was very inventive in it's design - the full-length platform, & disused kick-back siding in particular. Great ways to make a Micro look more spacious, and in terms of the disused track, quite brave, as when space is at a premium it's tempting to make the most of whatever track can be fitted in, for operating potential..! 👍

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• 1 month later...

A general announcement from The Dispatch editors desk:

Due to my vacation in the UK at the time of the release of the Autumn issue of The Micro Model Railway Dispatch. The release will be delayed by a couple of weeks. Putting it at the end of September/beginning of October. 

Thank you

Ian

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hello Ian!

Enjoy your vacation, I don't mind waiting for the next issue... It makes me very happy that the MMRD exists, especially when you think of Carl Arendt's "sleeping" homepage.

I find it very nice and admirable that you do the work and make it available to the community free of charge! If it takes a little longer - so what?!

With grateful regards,

ThomasG 

• Like 3
  • Agree 10

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

As you know, I like to feature Christmassy/Wintry micro's in the winter issue of The Dispatch. If anyone has anything under four square feet with a seasonal feel. I'd love to share it with the rest of the micro layout world.

Ian

9 hours ago, Ian Holmes said:

As you know, I like to feature Christmassy/Wintry micro's in the winter issue of The Dispatch. If anyone has anything under four square feet with a seasonal feel. I'd love to share it with the rest of the micro layout world.

Ian

Hi

What's the deadline for that please? I might have something suitable. Also just need to finish my entry for the Pizza Layout competition, am I right in remembering it's the end of the month for that?

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/11/2023 at 03:44, Ben B said:

Hi

What's the deadline for that please? I might have something suitable. Also just need to finish my entry for the Pizza Layout competition, am I right in remembering it's the end of the month for that?

@Ben B the deadline for both is December 1st.  

Ian

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...