Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

2 minutes ago, chickensoup said:

Not done much water. But when I have I used coloured Yacht varnish to give a stagnant industrialised water effect.

Resin can give good results. 

CS

Thanks, another useful tip, cheers.:good:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lmsforever said:

Thanks Andy that was a very instructive vidio good to see the blending of clours to get overall finnish ,thanks.  Chris

Cheers Chris, I'm looking forward to doing the Hills and fields next, that should be fun, glad you liked it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ruston 48DS said:

Andy another enjoyable video. I like the colours of the sky you painted and the method you used to do this. The girder bridge is looking great.:good:

Cheers Rushton? Glad you found it useful, I hope the next ones will be as well.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Same bridge but in a thoroughly loony (but genuine almost matching the prototype situation - honest) where the railway crosses a canal in a tunnel and there are water toughs over the bridge.  Railways definitely crossed canals in tunnels but probably not quite like this and there was a tunnel which had water troughs in it.  anyway the canal surface is varnish over various colours of pau int to give it a bit of depth.  The other unusual thing is that the deck of the bridge is completely separate from the rest of the module's track base and is a lot thinner with no foam rubber underlay so the trains make a different noise passing through the cavern in which the bridge is situated.    A rather peculiar module, as most of the track is ina tunnel - I built for the 2012 SWG modular layout and in normal viewing the stark light given by teh camera flash doesn't exist - fortunately.  The module was later 'modified' by sawing off part of the top and building a little shunting layout on the falttish area the removal created.

530978958_DSCF4422copy.jpg.c77ca2e020d09afbdadfdda07d14e1d5.jpg

1368780961_DSCF4408copy.jpg.2080affcf42734043725c3355543e90e.jpg

• Like 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

20 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Same bridge but in a thoroughly loony (but genuine almost matching the prototype situation - honest) where the railway crosses a canal in a tunnel and there are water toughs over the bridge.  Railways definitely crossed canals in tunnels but probably not quite like this and there was a tunnel which had water troughs in it.  anyway the canal surface is varnish over various colours of pau int to give it a bit of depth.  The other unusual thing is that the deck of the bridge is completely separate from the rest of the module's track base and is a lot thinner with no foam rubber underlay so the trains make a different noise passing through the cavern in which the bridge is situated.    A rather peculiar module, as most of the track is ina tunnel - I built for the 2012 SWG modular layout and in normal viewing the stark light given by teh camera flash doesn't exist - fortunately.  The module was later 'modified' by sawing off part of the top and building a little shunting layout on the falttish area the removal created.

530978958_DSCF4422copy.jpg.c77ca2e020d09afbdadfdda07d14e1d5.jpg

1368780961_DSCF4408copy.jpg.2080affcf42734043725c3355543e90e.jpg

Great pic Mike, that's an amazingly useful Bridge that can be used in many ways.

Thanks for posting the pics.:good:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Then I made the Tunnel Mouth for the cutting.

IMG_5882.JPG.4770f50f4419f34eca577783e1e1b626.JPG

1811121863_IMG_5882-Copy.JPG.d33a835d4312802a97626e1b306358a4.JPG

Then I made the tunnel mouth - just like that!  I have to make a tunnel mouth for Chuffnell Regis but I bet it'll take me a day or two to make at least.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

16 minutes ago, Graham T said:

Then I made the tunnel mouth - just like that!  I have to make a tunnel mouth for Chuffnell Regis but I bet it'll take me a day or two to make at least.

Don't be fooled Graham, its a Metcalf kit.:D

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

28 minutes ago, Brian Hawkins said:

Quick question Andy................do you ever sleep ?

5 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Rarely.:superman: Super  bodgit.

To be honest, its normally morning when any jobs get done, like the Painting this morning. Since I had lunch, I've been in my chair Editing 3 Videos.

YES 3, The filming went to just over an hour, so I've split it into 3 Videos and the First, No 18 will be up later.:good:

• Like 2

This Scene will get changed when I do the Road as the Valley looks lower than the Harbour, so will need amending.

Something like this.

AS IT IS.

IMG_5894.JPG.3aa0c9cb86ea42549e8f72db130fd3c7.JPG

CHANGES I HAVE IN MIND.

328359768_IMG_5894-Copy.JPG.48abcc6cf648ae430ffe155c9b57f39f.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 9
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1