On 16/12/2020 at 22:44, LNER4479 said:

This one, you mean?

429772971_PNsignal.jpg.d4267f096bb8793e14968713bec66eb8.jpg

I think I should be able to slot that one in to the next batch - relatively straightforward compared to the current two (says he ...)

Update Graham. I have found a photo which definitely shows the signal as being upper quadrant. It is alleged to be taken in 1961, but wasn't, as the loco has the useless small deflectors which would have been removed when it went for overhaul in February 60. So now I have to trace the book in which I read details about it, to see if it happened between July 58 and Feb 60.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1
  • RMweb Gold

Lovely stuff with the West Riding Gilbert.  What is the provenance of the restaurant twin if you don’t mind me asking?  Was admiring Andy’s various twins on Gresley Junction.  One day I hope to create the pre fire version.

Cheers

Tony

22 minutes ago, trw1089 said:

Lovely stuff with the West Riding Gilbert.  What is the provenance of the restaurant twin if you don’t mind me asking?  Was admiring Andy’s various twins on Gresley Junction.  One day I hope to create the pre fire version.

Cheers

Tony

I'm about to do something dangerous now, and rely on memory. Helped by Jonathan W, I was able to get Danny Pinnock to do some of his etches, which then went to Ian Willets to turn them into what you see here. They were actually for the LNER rake, and so had West Riding on the etches, which Ian succeeded in removing!

• Thanks 1

Wishing all on here a great Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I enjoy much on RMWeb but this thread in particular. It is contributed to by some very knowledgeable folk. All the best

David

PS,Love the picture of the prototype Deltic

PPS, definition of knowledgeable, intelligent and well informed, maybe not me though , I had to look up how to spell it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 16/12/2020 at 10:56, great northern said:

It has already been Timmed Tony, but it was one of his earlier jobs. Actually, when I looked at that image, my first thought was that he will now ask if he can have number 7 back for an upgrade! There are still a couple of totally untimmed ones in the queue before we can start thinking about that, though.

Gilbert, you're a mind-reader.  Seeing these pictures myself (reading from newest to oldest, as I frequently do) made me say to myself "I do hope that's coming down here soon; it badly needs work doing!".  What's that saying about "great minds" again? :rolleyes:

For those wondering, it only had, I think, a single coat of Klear on it, which was deemed sufficient at the time.  Nowadays, it just won't do.......

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, thegreenhowards said:

Nice formation on the Skeggy excursion. Is that based on a photo or just an educated guess?

Just a guess Andy. It would be older stock, I think, so Dia115 cars would feature a lot, and four compartment brakes to give more passenger space. A few years earlier there would have been even older stock involved, but having looked through Longworth, it seems that was gone by 1958, or the vast majority of it anyway. That's a shame, as I rather fancied some.

• Informative/Useful 1
1 minute ago, great northern said:

Just a guess Andy. It would be older stock, I think, so Dia115 cars would feature a lot, and four compartment brakes to give more passenger space. A few years earlier there would have been even older stock involved, but having looked through Longworth, it seems that was gone by 1958, or the vast majority of it anyway. That's a shame, as I rather fancied some.

I agree. You could always bend your time frame backwards a little - just like you do in the other direction for Deltic. Although I realise that there lies a slippery slope!

I really fancy a few GNR non corridor outer suburban coaches - things like the D.183 BCL and D.121 CL. They lasted until the mid fifties and I imagine could easily have worked this sort of excursion. I'm working on Andy Edgson at Isinglass to produce a kit.

Andy

• Like 1