Information on LS Models

ciwl

Hi all,

I'm sure you are frustrated with the long delays and pre=order system of many of the manufacturers. For instance, I have been waiting I think two years for any word on HO scale Egypt CIWL cars. So far as I know LS Models are waiting to see how many pre-orders they can get before manufacturing them.

I have one Egypt car and have been waiting patiently for them to come in. Their website says 2010, but that may not even been a recent update.

Any one have any information on the HO scale Egypt cars or even while I'm asking, the Kato Orient express sets era I?

Thanks

Even as a supplier of LS Models items, the best infromation about release dates in the medium and long term is the "Productions" section of their website, www.lsmodels.com

Once we get within a couple of months of production, LS send us a detailed production summary which helps us fine tune our orders as items invariably sell out very quickly.

The most recent CIWL release are the Type F 'Night Ferry' Sleepers, which are all sold out from their 1st run. However, we are due another production list in the next few weeks, so further CIWL rolling stock may appear on there.

Hope this helps

Mike Parsons

C&M Models

• 1 year later...

I thought I would post this here, rather than start a new thread. Apologies if this is a mistakke!

I am searching for LSModels Collection #2 magazine/booklet

http://www.reisezugwagen.eu/?p=4578

and I cannot find it anywhere. I have found the 1st edition, but an email to LSmodels hasn't been answered and none of the UK suppliers know if it has in fact been actually produced!

Please can anyone help?

• RMweb Gold

No specific info on the item you seek, I'm afraid, but LS Models's online programme recently took a turn for the worse. Where every near-future model had some sort of timescale attached by quarter-year, most if not all are now simply saying "a venir" - to come. I guess they have supply issues in China.

Where every near-future model had some sort of timescale attached by quarter-year, most if not all are now simply saying "a venir" - to come. I guess they have supply issues in China.

My opinion is that they have simply been far too optomistic with their projected dates. Their releases are still coming through to us at a steady rate, but they have always listed far too much stuff to come through in the near future. A more realistic projection of when items arrive would save a lot of frustration for modeller and stockist alike!

Archived