Waverley Route Stations

DaveArkley

The commentary with the Eskbank picture is incredible. I'm eager to see more from his collection, as when he walked the route in 1975 coincides with my first real familiarity with it, and there was so much to see back then...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

No real need to add a new post at this point, other than to shamelessly bounce a good thread, BUT that last photo has really made me challenge my layout assumptions/ criteria. 

I'm not suggesting starting from scratch, but it has set me thinking about some fairly wide-reaching changes to the roundy over and above relaying with C+L track.  It's for the layouts area, but my mind's whirring away on innovative plans.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

post-5524-0-00818600-1392496467.jpeg

The location has beaten three of us.  Any suggestions?

It's been suggested that it's not Waverley Route, but it was in a collection of 191 slides of which 190 are Waverley Route.

Thanks for your time and head-scratching.

Bruce

I've been emailed that the photo above is Clovenfords station on the Peebles loop - see http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/c/clovenfords/index.shtml

• 10 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I've just started work on all building and structure drawings for St Boswells and Melrose if the interest is still there for modelling.

Its for a group building a mash up of the two.

Drawn to 1:76.2 but available to 1:152 if anyone wants one.

iainmacart@gmail.com

post-11031-0-80985400-1418758297_thumb.jpg

I have track plans of Hawick which only extend to the turntable on the North end. Does anyone have plans/photos which show the track layout beyond. I'm looking for the track formation where the pway reverts to twin track.

Cheers

Dave

I have track plans of Hawick which only extend to the turntable on the North end. Does anyone have plans/photos which show the track layout beyond. I'm looking for the track formation where the pway reverts to twin track.

Cheers

Dave

This shot on RailScot might help - http://www.railbrit.co.uk/imageenlarge/imagecomplete.php?id=28989 - showing the facing turnout from the Up Main to the Up Goods line.  I'm assuming that the trailing connection from the Down Refuge Siding is about halfway back along the train, which looks to be a lengthy hefty one for a class 4P 4-4-0 !

Alasdair

• RMweb Gold

I'm doing 1/4 mile route maps of the whole route and can supply you with them.

not drawn yet but I have full track layouts and will be rendering these shortly along with plans of the boxes and all buildings.

It's a product range I'm working on for my company but will happily bring any elements forward to assist.

just email iainmacart@gmail.com or waverleymodelengineering@gmail.com for assistance.

cheers,

Mac.

This shot on RailScot might help - http://www.railbrit.co.uk/imageenlarge/imagecomplete.php?id=28989 - showing the facing turnout from the Up Main to the Up Goods line.  I'm assuming that the trailing connection from the Down Refuge Siding is about halfway back along the train, which looks to be a lengthy hefty one for a class 4P 4-4-0 !

Alasdair

That sure helps on the Up side, many thanks.

Cheers

Dave

Archived