Castleton Road SP - Indoor Winter Diorama

Crisis Rail

Due to the outdoor nature (garaged) of our layout "FREIGHT ONLY" which suffers from far from ideal operating conditions in the cold and damp (so do the operators.....) I have decided to build an indoor SP Shunting Diorama to keep interest through the long Winter

nights.

Heres a few shots and the photos from the excellent Freight Only Vol 1 and Diesels on the Eastern books which inspired me.

The photos are a general idea - the stone cast pillar will support a small footbridge and sewer pipe.

Single track buffered headshunt working on the less is more principle...!

BR Blue - Railfreight Red Stripe era fully DCC sound.

post-7252-12581311276224_thumb.jpg

post-7252-12581311388749_thumb.jpg

post-7252-12581311497314_thumb.jpg

post-7252-12581311594509_thumb.jpg

Hi

those freight only books are great, got all three issues,

Looking forward to some more pics of this layout

Alex

Yes quite hard to get hold of - so inspirational from that era - I have just acquired the FREIGHT ONLY YEARBOOK when the Class 60 where being introduced - an interesting read in a time of transition - worth looking out for.The excellent DIESELS ON THE MIDLAND/EASTERN etc series are a good BR Blue reference (John Vaughan).

Looks like you've gone for the absolute minimum in terms of track usage...biggrin.gif

...but looking forward to see how you progress.

Stu

Hello Stu

I have no problem regarding minimal running as the garage layout FREIGHT ONLY serves that purpose - the Deepdale (Preston Lancs) line was a single track branch to the coal concentration sidings in a cutting with bridges and the Miley Tunnel - something I want to recreate in an albeit small section - DCC sound with engines ticking over will give atmosphere - this is something to do for the Winter and a photographic base for weathered rolling stock - eBay purposes..

Thanks - Ian

Archived