City Basin Goods

D1059

Just discovered this thread - excellent.

I'd see the layout at TINGS a year or two back and was impressed then. But the story of the layout's development, here on the thread, makes for fascinating reading.

G

Just discovered this thread - excellent.

I'd see the layout at TINGS a year or two back and was impressed then. But the story of the layout's development, here on the thread, makes for fascinating reading.

G

Thanks Grahame - I must update with the latest stuff. Currently working on some Farish mineral wagons to replace the Peco kits. Also, after some comments on the lighting, I have obtained some warm white LED strip to replace half the current cool white LEDs

• 1 month later...

City Basin Goods was at the East Surrey N Gauge exhibition last weekend - nice show. Thanks to all involved

One photographer was using a small cube video camera and produced this video to show some unusual views of CBG - see 2:53 onwards. Thanks

Edited by D1059
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 16/04/2018 at 22:07, D1059 said:

One photographer was using a small cube video camera and produced this video to show some unusual views of CBG - see 2:53 onwards. Thanks

Some "different" shots of a very interesting layout, lots of wagons and shunting, what's not to like.

Please don't take this as outright criticism, (my track laying is crap anyway! so I can't pick on others!),  just an observation, but I think the photographer is onto a new form of checking for track imperfections!

Have you any upcoming exhibitions?

MIke.

Thanks guys

The camera certainly does pick up imperfections - and I spent a LOT of time carefully laying the track on City Basin Goods to ensure it was kink free

The tank unloading gear was a gift from a fellow club member who had it going spare and is scratchbuilt

Exhibitions for City Basin Goods this year are

• Cheltenham 4-5th April
  • Fareham - 25th April
  • Wing - which is either 26th September or 3rd October (I shall have to check as my diary still has both dates in it)
  • Oxford - 11th October

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 15/01/2020 at 21:08, D1059 said:

Thanks guys

The camera certainly does pick up imperfections - and I spent a LOT of time carefully laying the track on City Basin Goods to ensure it was kink free

The tank unloading gear was a gift from a fellow club member who had it going spare and is scratchbuilt

Exhibitions for City Basin Goods this year are

• Cheltenham 4-5th April
  • Fareham - 25th April
  • Wing - which is either 26th September or 3rd October (I shall have to check as my diary still has both dates in it)
  • Oxford - 11th October

One of my all time fav layouts ,regardless of scale and era.Just supurb.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Bout time I added something to this thread again

Now retired so more time to indulge in modelling, photography, and drooling over some of the layouts posted up on here (just catching up after some time away from RMWeb)

A recent EBay purchase is now ready for service after couplings changed and weathering completed

image0_DxO.jpg

image1_DxO.jpg

image2_DxO.jpg

image3_DxO.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

I've been wanting to take shots of the layout for some time that replicate the techniques that Chris Nevard uses having seen how he made City Basin Goods look in Model Rail

Finally got round to trying focus stacking of shots this morning and it works quite well, although not yet up to Chris's standards

Here's my efforts

Duff-Signal Box.jpg

Warship-parcels.jpg

Western-Stone.jpg

Edited by D1059
  • Like 8

• 9 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Two new pieces of motive power for City Basin Goods. Now weathered and nearly ready for service

I know the Clayton isn’t WR but I couldn’t resist.  It’ll be in industrial service as a super shunter tripping aggregate wagons to/from the exchange siding. After all that’s how D8568 survived working for Ribble Cement

IMG_3679.jpeg

IMG_3680.jpeg

• Like 6