DJH A2/2, DJH A2 and other ECML stuff

Enjoying this thread, the East Coast pacifics were my boyhood friends. It broke my heart to see them scrapped.

One slight niggle: valvegear. The connecting rod/piston rod should point straight at the centre of the wheel it drives, so the slidebars need to be parallel to that line, ie: pointing slightly downwards. On one or two of yours they point upwards. Small thing, but it jumps out at me. Not a criticism, btw.

Thanks  - since the photo that's been corrected

• 3 years later...
On 06/08/2019 at 23:28, thegreenhowards said:

David,

Just read through this thread as well. Some lovely locos and the weathering looks really good. How do you get the grimy effect on the valve gear & wheels?

Andy

The weathering is a mix of powders and airbrushing. I use humbrol black and grey with  hint of brown. This is applied sparingly  to the chassis. Powder is used just to finish things off.

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, davidw said:

The weathering is a mix of powders and airbrushing. I use humbrol black and grey with  hint of brown. This is applied sparingly  to the chassis. Powder is used just to finish things off.

Thanks,

I use a similar mix but with 27004 and some grey added and brush painted. It generally works well, but I find it sometimes doesn’t stick to the valve gear very well. I don’t think I’ve got the patience for airbrushing - far too much cleaning involved!

Andy