C-Rail 20ft Containers

charliepetty

HI All

The 20ft X 8'6" Reefer is OO with the 20ft dry-box getting drawn now as i'm doing them together, to save costs on the tooling.

The HO containers I'm involved in will be two or three types of tank and a 30ft Bulktainer, and if this turns out to be a success i think we could do the reefers in HO using the OO cads.

The first liveries will be MOL and CMA-CGM as i'm still getting info on 20ft reefers, so if you get a chance at good all round shots of them including the small details on the door "most important" let me know.

Regards Arran

post-3411-0-53549200-1313104357_thumb.jpg

post-3411-0-03062300-1313104390_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

HI All

The 20ft X 8'6" Reefer is OO with the 20ft dry-box getting drawn now as i'm doing them together, to save costs on the tooling.

The HO containers I'm involved in will be two or three types of tank and a 30ft Bulktainer, and if this turns out to be a success i think we could do the reefers in HO using the OO cads.

The first liveries will be MOL and CMA-CGM as i'm still getting info on 20ft reefers, so if you get a chance at good all round shots of them including the small details on the door "most important" let me know.

Regards Arran

These are passed for CAD drawings, these will be posted as and when! Arran & Charlie

• 1 month later...

HI All

I received my two undecorated tooling samples on Monday which has given me time to decorate them for Warley.

I personaly think the 20ft reefer is spot on first time and the 20ft needs a little tidying up in some areas.

Regards Arran

post-530-0-26175500-1321481201_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

HI All

The way the tooling has been done means it would be relativly easy to do one but i dont have much info on liveries on these which is the main problem i think anyone who tackles this will come up against.

Regards Arran

Charlie & Arran,

Thanks for sharing the drawings and photos, the containers look fantastic. I apologise profusely in advance for another 'wish list' enquiry, but...

Do you have any plans to produce the 20' containers used on Gypsum trains? I need a long train of them and I even have a basic drawing of one of the most common types. These trains seem to be well-photographed up and down the country so I guess I'm not the only one who would be interested in a model.

Cheers,

Will

Is this the livery you are looking for Arran?

http://www.matts-pla...belu4285441.jpg

The light purple/mauve may be a bit washed out - due to weathering?

I think that they 'ceased trading' in the 1970's but am not certain about that.

Re the BELL livery, its the end details we need with all the Data panels etc. ANY HELPERS!!

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Charlie,

Wearing my other hat as a shipping enthusiast; Bell ceased trading in June 1997 due to expanding too fast in a limited market. I will try going through some of my shipping books and check a few websites to see if I can find a photo of one of the Bell fleet with the end of a container showing.

HI ALL

The 20ft containers have been approved now "just last week" and the artwork for the HAPAG LLOYD, NYK and Safmarine are in the process of being done, so as soon as i can post pics again i will stick them up, or they will be on the =C=RAIL= face book page.

Regards Arran

• RMweb Gold

Hi Charlie,

Just done a search on a site called Shippingspotting.com and found photos of the Bell Resolve and Bell Ruler which show the ends of the containers. I aren't a member so couldn't view them full size, but they could well be adequate for your purposes. I think that an email to the photographers, explaining what you want them for, with a request for a full size file could well solve your problem.

Hope this helps

Chris P

• 3 weeks later...
Re the BELL livery, its the end details we need with all the Data panels etc. ANY HELPERS!!

Interesting photo of Bell Container from Avonmouth http://www.flickr.com/photos/brizzlebornandbred/3643156404/

I did not realise that Bell Lines had developed its own Port facilitiess in the UK. Bell was based in Waterford with shipping services to the UK and Continent.

In Ireland Bell was a major rail user with container traffic carried on a combination of direct company trains from Cork, Limerick, Belfast and Dublin to Waterford Port and less than train load traffic on scheduled container trains from the smaller terminals.

I am not sure if some of the UK-Europe traffic was routed through the Channel tunnel but Bell Containers particulary 40' showed up regulary at the Willesden container terminal in the mid 1990s.

John

• 1 month later...

Archived