Warley NEC 2011

PaulRhB

My personal hygiene is always impeccable! (Apart from the green mist Guinness effect behind the layout on a Sunday morning) Do you think that Connie would mind if I popped next door to look at a couple of bikes? :O

Thanks to those that have uploaded photos and videos....There were some impressive layouts there.

DEPENDS,........what sort of bikes, lol :sungum: Green Mists eh??....there's world of difference between green mist and mustard gas lol, :no:

Thanks Chris, will be watching very carefully for it. I saw it back in 2008 at the Manchester show and it has been in my mind since.

There are so many things about this layout that keep me interested and for me a benchmark to set my own standards by.

Green mist - a BSA colour!

Mix with several pints of Guinness and some junk food (At exhibitions on a Saturday night) and leave to stand behind the layout for a couple of hours on Sunday. The green mist has now become legendary amongst The North of England Line team. BSA ref. NOEL1EGGSTINK. Amazingly some people cannot see green mist, although it can make your eyes water! :bad:

I agree with the sentiments about Apethorne Junction. This is a great piece of modelling and has a real presence that is difficult to replicate in smaller scales. I first saw it at Macclesfield when we took NoEL there a couple of years back, and it was in a room of its own. To see detailed and weathered locomotives with sound and prototypical trains in a well modelled landscape in a larger scale was a real treat.

Hi all

As a few people asked to hear the DCC loco's etc, I've uploaded a version of the Warley 2011 video without the classical soundtrack - it's here:

https://www.model-railways-live.co.uk/Features/Video%20Highlights%20from%20the%202011%20Warley%20National%20Model%20Railway%20Exhibition%20-%20no%20music%20version/

Oh, and if you want to watch in High-definition, you can see the same video (and most of our other ones) in HD on our Youtube channel (just remember to click the quality button in the lower right hand corner from '360p' to '720p' - but you'll need a fast web connection)

http://www.youtube.com/user/ModelRailwaysLive?feature=mhee#p/u/7/_otTP1zeIi0

I hope you enjoy it (and if you liked the first version, I hope this is an interesting alternative re: some of the DCC sounds)

cheers

Chris

Went on the Sunday myself... Definitely the day to go, crowds not so big and space to see everything.. Good selection of layouts. Some excellent, and some just OK, but as always there were enough good'uns to make the trip worthwhile..

Were the gangways bigger this year??? Just seemed like there was loads of space...

Looking at it, Warley show is excellent value. £10 advance ticket for 87 layouts. Compares very favourably with smaller shows who are charging nearly as much for less than half the layouts...

My only slightly unfavourable comment, would be that the burger van in the hall was a bit iffy and expensive this year.. Sarnies for me in 2012 I think...

Many thanks to all concerned...

Bob

• 2 months later...

Archived