Bachmann Metropolitan loco new for 2012

mozzer models

I must admit the Pannier was what I looked for when the new catalogue came out and I was rather disappointed to find out it wasn't listed as it provided to be really popular last year. The set is a welcome release as I found out through work Bachman aren't going to be doing the London Underground Pannier again for a while....

Jaymes

I too expected some real goodies from Bachmann. they just don seem to get it, keep us all hanging with only limited amounts of panniers...

Hopefully they'll release wagons seperately. Unfortunately they arent particularly scale. and the least they could do for the mineral was livery with london transport markings as a few received when they were bought by LT.

the other wagon is based on the design for a Met railway wooden framed wagon which dated back to 1897, the last of which was not taken off the LT books until 1981! the model itslef if this is basically a reissue is an lms design steel frame wagon just daubed up with London transport. With a bit of luck they'll release an LT brake van seperately. if not i'll too have some one elses!

And the designer, Arun sharma says they will be on there way via Radley with proper wooden framing.

LC

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone, new to this site and as a ex LT driver, decided to model the Underground.

Spoke to Dapol recently at a show about doing a Met Bo-Bo and basically if anyone has £85K, they will do a run of 3000 and the tooling is yours forever. Also spoke to Hornby on the same thing and they showed some interest but Bachmann, never got a reply.

I think we are stuck with kits, Bachmann Panniers and EFE 1938/59/62 stock for now.

Jools

• 3 months later...

Bachmann had the stock from the Midnight Metropolitan set running on their layout at the Train Collectors Society show today at Sandy. The running number is L97, the Brake Van is B581, and the Flat Wagon is PW240, if my eyesight and memory aren't playing up, 'fraid I didn't take my camera.

Dennis Lovett told me that the review models went out some weeks ago and the sets should soon be arriving at Barwell to go out to the shops in the coming weeks. He did not know the exact date when they would arrive.

sorry Keith you say flat, what do you meaN by that?

LT never used the numbering series PW, so was it just a bogie bolster repainted then? The LT flats are very low, producing them is fairly unlikely, RT models is making a brass etched kit, I did some research shots for him.

can you clarify?

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I have ordered the Bachmann Midnight Metropolitain set to run on my layout, or I might just keep it for the collector value.

Julian Sprott

Archived