GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

12 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

The lighting is effective mate.:good:

Just mucking about with some LEDs they are too big and bright, but as you say effective, it will only come out to play now and again on Marks layout, which is end to end and about 80 foot long, so it will have plenty to do...

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

4 hours ago, georgeT said:

Had a visit to Peak forest for a walk and saw a DRS 66 hard at work...

DSC07135.JPG

That is a nice Livery George, I remember the Days when we could walk down to the Far end of the Yard across the fields.

And YES, incase your wondering, the first pic is one of yours mate.

1051057828_60002EWS(GT).JPG.34a85854154fe9524a5f97a002d87838.JPG

1311939102_60086aDoveholes28-03-2005068.jpg.f8b1b9a3f697dfd5ce8f8805dbf5f2af.jpg

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

That is a nice Livery George, I remember the Days when we could walk down to the Far end of the Yard across the fields.

And YES, incase your wondering, the first pic is one of yours mate.

1051057828_60002EWS(GT).JPG.34a85854154fe9524a5f97a002d87838.JPG

1311939102_60086aDoveholes28-03-2005068.jpg.f8b1b9a3f697dfd5ce8f8805dbf5f2af.jpg

Happy days buddy how l miss them, gone forever sadly...

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Started to scratch build a Drummond wide cab T9 a while back but put it away for another day, Micheal Edge informed me that the watercart chassis did in fact have bogies and not a straight one that l was trying to build, he also supplied me with the brass parts l needed, but they were put in the box with the loco, so as l was looking for something different to build here she is, not 100% accurate but near enough....

DSC07149.JPG

DSC07150.JPG

DSC07151.JPG

DSC07152.JPG

DSC07153.JPG

DSC07154.JPG

DSC07155.JPG

• Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

• georgeT changed the title to GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) Scratchbuilding a T9

Making progress on the tender of the T9 decided it would be easier to build the tender sides in two pieces with a discrete join in the middle of the rear end, l will make some sort of lift out section on the tender top to fit all the DCC gear ?..

DSC07160.JPG

DSC07161.JPG

DSC07163.JPG

DSC07164.JPG

DSC07165.JPG

DSC07166.JPG

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold

Yes George.  Thanks. Deesdale Road in store at present but thinking about an N-gauge modelled on it.  Enjoyed building Cadley Hill during lockdown and now need to sell it to gain some room but not sure how to go about that.

Cheers, Peter

• Like 2

Hello Bob, Doris is on hold at the mo but she has been tried and tested, and a problem was found in the plate that had the emery paper fixed to was too flat and was catching on the box in the Peco points, so l had to put in a centre gap and this seems to have solved the problem, also l am going to give her an all over yellow coat of paint. snowploughs etc etc and headlights to the front end, to look like  a network rail type of coach, but l have other things to do first, hope this helps, Regards

DSC07179.JPG

DSC07180.JPG

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

Thanks George, I’m not going to make my version lifelike but purely functional. The snippet about the point boxes snagging is very helpful and I will build my rubbing plate gapped as you suggest. Can you or anyone else reading see why a long wheelbase 4 wheeler wouldn’t work?

cheers

Bob

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Just a thought.

I'm not sure how the fixing is made but would it be worth having a spring on each corner between plate and vehicle to try to capture any variance in rail levels?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 hours ago, boeing7572t6 said:

Thanks George, I’m not going to make my version lifelike but purely functional. The snippet about the point boxes snagging is very helpful and I will build my rubbing plate gapped as you suggest. Can you or anyone else reading see why a long wheelbase 4 wheeler wouldn’t work?

cheers

Bob

A 4 wheel wagon should work fine Bob, l had an old coach that was redundant thats why l used it.

• Friendly/supportive 2