RR&CO V7 Update V7 F7

Good morning.

I had the same problem and used the same fix.

One big improvement is in train detection, especially for those using Railcom Reader by DCC4PC. The Tams ID that is needed to display the full loco number/name etc., on screen, was a number generated by TC and was sometimes problematic to acquire.

Version F7 now has the Tams ID the same as the loco address which is just that bit more easy to work with. There may be other detection improvements but I have yet to identify them.

• RMweb Gold

Another problem that has emerged with F7 is that, on startup, the wrong status is sometimes being set for signals and turnouts. When this happens all signals are green on the switchboard and many turnouts have the wrong status. A "reset railroad" has to be performed to get things back in sync. There is a case for this on the German forum and I have raised one on the English one too.

It doesn't happen on every start but often enough to be a nuisance.

Yes, saw your post about it on the RR&Co forum but so far start up is not a problem for me.

But now I have noticed that in the Inspector Window, there are lots of elements that are in the 'used in conditions of' section when it has not been used in conditions and would never be used as one as there is no association.

I don't have my layout files with me to dig into it whilst I am away from home but will look at it when I get home Friday.

But the layout is working well and have not found any operational issues yet with my set up. ECoS based set up with all ESU DCC equipment.

• RMweb Gold

I think there will be a fix soon.

Another issue that I've seen raised is the TC pricing. If you say you are in the UK on the shop page, then it's 499 Euros for the Gold version. But for every other European county, including those not even in the EU let alone the Euro (Switzerland, Norway for example) it's 449 Euros. And all other prices have a "UK Premium" too. Be interesting to see how this pans out ...

Yes, will have to watch out for the fix as they sneak out the stealth fixes which they have come in for some criticism over as there is no way of knowing about it unless you actually download and install it and look at the version number. This version is V7 F7.1 so the fix version will be .2 but that is not evident until after installing it.

Saw the posts about the pricing and the 'aggressive response from Mr RR&Co. Basically if you don't like it, don't buy it. But if it turns out he is in the wrong, we may be in for a refund. I hope it goes all the way back over every version I have had. Could add up to quite a few bob.

• RMweb Premium

I've noticed that Herr Freiwald sometimes seems to get a bit rattled when anybody raises a criticism in the forum.

His response to the Norton bug seems rather sarcastic in my eyes and the cost response is downright rude.

How he can claim there are extra costs in the UK is patently rubbish. The product ships from Germany and is subject to German taxes - all else is superfluous.

Keith

• RMweb Gold

I've noticed that Herr Freiwald sometimes seems to get a bit rattled when anybody raises a criticism in the forum.

I had the same attitude when I questioned the wisdom of the USB "copy protection" stick, in fact he was thinking of charging us extra for using RR at exhibitions.

We have gone back to V5 which is fine for our needs at present

• RMweb Gold

If you want to purchase Trainprogrammer, for example, no license stick is involved: you pay via the internet and you are emailed a license key - the whole process is electronic. So presumably when you are asked for your country, just say "Ireland" and will get you a lower price. :yes:

Yes, his attitude is a bit high handed at times.

He did get rattled at your mention Dave of his software being available cracked on the Internet. All that effort by him and upset for end users to have it out there for any to use in such a short time after release.

Will be interesting to see the out come of the debate on pricing but I expect it will just fizzle out as usual. May be common pricing across the board on the next major update. Who knows he may well surprise us.

• RMweb Gold

Fix level 7.0 F7b is now available. There's nothing to say so, but if you download and install the version now on the download page that's what it says it is ...

• RMweb Gold

It fixed my problem with all the signals being green and most turnouts showing the wrong position on start-up. I also checked the Inspector window and that now seems OK as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just noted that a trial period of 30 days has been introduced on non registered software.

No longer able to play and develop a layout after 30 days.

It's been like that for some time.

When I first started playing seriously some months ago it came up with the message telling me I had so many days use left.

Try completely purging it from your system and starting again - it may work (some time limited software does)

I now have a license!

Keith

• RMweb Premium

So is the connection time limited as well. 15 minutes per session.

Yes

(Not sure whether I've updated to the very latest incarnation though, I think I'm still on 7b - I shall have to check!)

If I don't plug in the memstick with the license it will close after (approx) 15 mins.

I assume Mr Freiwald is getting concerned that too many people are using the time limited version and not coughing up for the full version.

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Yes

(Not sure whether I've updated to the very latest incarnation though, I think I'm still on 7b - I shall have to check!)

If I don't plug in the memstick with the license it will close after (approx) 15 mins.

I assume Mr Freiwald is getting concerned that too many people are using the time limited version and not coughing up for the full version.

Keith

The time limit has been in since V7 was released, it was one of the arguments I had with him*, and one of the reasons we use V5.8.

*The initial release was very unreliable on network installations, often failing to find the stick, or forgetting it part way through a session, not good in front of the baying hounds at exhibitions.

Archived