Dapol Class 56 - Photo Review

Andy Y

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me? or do the Dapol cabside windows look narrower than the Hornby ones... (keep in mind that by narrow I mean the height of the window) Dapol look like they made the window to high up thereby making it look smaller. You can try and check other pictures if the circles that I do interfere. The Dapol version looks little odd because of those windows, from the base of the body to the window (chasis not included) the Dapol version looks taller or longer whichever you prefer - whereas the Hornby looks more prototypical.

post-15929-0-59888500-1350914108_thumb.jpg

post-15929-0-95388100-1350914204.jpg

Edited by Jeremiah Bunyan

The Dapol version is a representation of the Romanian built locos that had a different window arrangement to the later Doncaster built locos as represented by the Hornby model:

Romanian:

http://www.martinbray-ukloco.com/images/class56/56028-gwentdemo-280195.jpg

later built:

http://www.martinbray-ukloco.com/images/class56/56045-margamd-191097.jpg

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Well a 56003 in Loadhaul graces the N Diesel2 DDC trainset and lovely it is too!  Hopefully sales will blossom giving a dcc on board boost. The three telecscopic wagons are normal production ones but lovely all the same.

Well worth the a look and I am sure traders will split sets in time. Cheltenham models have done so already and sold out.

roll on the UK bodied ones..

Robert Shrives  

• RMweb Gold

David et al,

Liist copied over from Uk body thread

Rails of sheffield have listed :

2D-004-005  56089 in EW&S   ( D suffix also for DCC fitted for all four versions

2D-004-006  56070 BR blue 

2D-004-007  56090 Large logo Blue

2D-004-008 56056 construction centre.

2D-004-009 56103 Colas - preprod model 56094 wrong handrails/headlamps

In set NDiesel2 the DCC  you get 56003 in almost preserved livery - should be oval buffers for main line running and handrails were split over a square headlamp - both ends eventually.  Grills still nor Romainian square mesh so better suited to load haul batches 56031 - 55 but buffers still to change. - small details to change a lovely model as said and runs a treat

No prices given just TBA .

Hope this helps 

Robert

• RMweb Gold

Hi David and Dave ,

Thanks for correction re Colas !

If you have a quick trawl through Dapol subforum there is a thread about UK bodied  class 56 locos where I had copied by entry re loco details so useful gen on there - some mine but quite a bit of good stuff from others - showing the great number of variations for Dapol Dave to be going at / avoiding. Amazing in just 135 how BREL managed to change the build and subsequent variations - who would be a manufacturer- er thanks Dave !

Robert     

• 4 months later...

I am hoping that at some point they will add this beauty to the range -

http://www.tauntontrains.co.uk/images/2013-SEPT/56312-24-09-13-TAUNTON-JP.jpg

Although it has only just been repainted so may be some time if ever!

Simon

Agree.. not because I share my name with the loco but also because its a beauty. a nice new grey livery

• 4 weeks later...

Was just thinking if anyone knows if it was possible to obtain the Loadhaul Class 56 which Dapol issued, but only as part of a DCC Train Set, without the train set . . . . . ?

I rang Dapol and asked about this when it first came out and the answer was no, I bought the set to get the loco and will probably sell the set on at a later date.

I noticed last week there was a Loadhaul 56 on ebay and it sold for £75 ish. 

Graham.

• RMweb Premium

I rang Dapol and asked about this when it first came out and the answer was no, I bought the set to get the loco and will probably sell the set on at a later date.

I noticed last week there was a Loadhaul 56 on ebay and it sold for £75 ish. 

Graham.

yes it was 83 pound and i bought it