Dapol Class 56 - Photo Review

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

No but we do have a large shipment in on Monday

Hi Dave,

Just wondered whether Hattons had been in contact re the order numbers? I only ask as I had pre ordered a redstripe rail freight grey from them and then when the livery list was amended I dropped them a polite note saying perhaps they should get in contact as there pre-orders didn't tally with Dapol liverys. I only ask as the redstripe rail freight grey still looks to be a pre order item :O

Edited by bcnPete

• RMweb Gold

Hi Dave,

Just wondered whether Hattons had been in contact re the order numbers? I only ask as I had pre ordered a redstripe rail freight grey from them and then when the livery list was amended I dropped them a polite note saying perhaps they should get in contact as there pre-orders didn't tally with Dapol liverys. I only ask as the redstripe rail freight grey still looks to be a pre order item :O

Hi Pete,

I'm not sure but will ask Kevin , who deals with this side of Dapol, to contact them next week.

Cheers

Dave

Whilst looking at Hattons website earlier today, to see if the blue ones have arrived yet, I now see the above link I posted shows that there are 10 redstripe railfreight grey now in stock...surely that can't be right? :O :o

Hi Gerry,

As it goes, and i'm sure some on here will pick about the livery, but i think it looks fantastic.

Incidentally we used the original works paint diagams for this deco, that way we got the double arrows spot on measurement wise for the RFG version.

cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Nope it's not right.

Railfreight grey only i'm afriad.

Hattons contacted and hope they will change it soon.

cheers

Dave

Nice one Dave - I didn't want to bang on about it but I could see some person ordering a blue one...and getting a nasty shock when they opened the box :D

• RMweb Gold

That Railfreight grey does look nice...

oops...clicked the mouse button on the buy button on Hattons website by mistake...then made the same mistake in the checkout area.

Guess this will be a nice placeholder until the blue one docks ;)

oops...clicked the mouse button on the buy button on Hattons website by mistake...then made the same mistake in the checkout area.

It's a very easy mistake to make. I've done it on several occasions. Must be something to do with their website!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Blue ones docked Pete, they started going out the other day to stockists.

Dave - Thanks - Go immediately to Jail - Do not pass go - Do not collect £200 :D

Edited by bcnPete

Got my 56013. Looks great and ready for some china clay action! Have just ordered depot plaques and arrows from Shawplan today to finish her off as she was when she visited Cornwall. Also need to change the buffers to oval ones as these had been fitted at this point as per the photo's in John Vaughan's book, "An illustrated history of the Cornish Main Line".

A fine model though, well done Dapol! Not sure if I'll bother changing the bodyside grill though...

• Like 1

@ Dapol Dave

Are there are more blue 56's due to stockists?

Kernow look like they sold out pretty quickly...and Hattons looked like they never arrived...

TIA

Yes, I am slightly annoyed by this, too. Hattons are by far the best stockist for overseas customers: lowest shipping fees and no hassles on returns. With Dapol's latest release of the Q1 Hattons also was a good two weeks later to stock compared to Rails of Sheffield. This seems no different.

Methinks I will send them an "enquiry about this product" and see what it has to say!

Matt

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Yes, all blue and rail freight grey that were ordered had gone out to stockist by courier 2 days ago at the latest.

Dapol still hold stock of both these liveries if you cannot get them elsewhere or your stockist is laiming he cannot get them etc.

Many thanks to reply Dave.

My heart says :yes: but my wallet is saying :no:

I normally deal with Hattons (for the same reasons quoted by Matt above) so I will keep checking their website everyday...