Dapol 2012/3 - New catalogue announcements

Andy Y

No new info but Dapol seem to respond faster to queries on the Facebook page so it might be worth asking there.

Of course I suspect the answer will be along the lines of "when we have something worth showing we will post it here".

Has anyone heard anything about the N Gauge 59 since it was announced? I notice Kernow and Hattons are still accepting pre orders? I have just sent a message to Dapol via their website but thought somebody might have already done so.

I suspect that with all the current issues (like delays in getting anything out of China, escalating costs, the recent changes in personnel, contretemps with Kernow, etc.) that a lot of promised stuff will either be significantly late or might even get cancelled. In the meantime it is possible to convert a class 66 to a class 59 - that's what I did. It'll have to suffice until the Dapol version turns up:

1lf9.jpg

G.

Dapol have been steadily working through their announced releases. So far this year we have had the class 22 and 52 in N gauge as well as numerous wagons and reliveries. There have also been some smaller touches such as releasing unpainted models which is handy for those of us planning to do a bit of re-liverying. There were also a glut of models released just before Christmas last year which included the bubble car, 2884 and pannier tank. Then there are their 00 models as well.

I think the current long list is simply a result of Dapol ambitously annoucing lots of models in the works. Maybe they want to "bag" them before Farish start casting their eye in that direction.

Archived