Low Siphon

I am seeking running numbers for diagram 02. I have several of the K's which require numbering and having searched several sites have been unable to find any bar 960 which is the K's kit. There are lots of photos of 04/5 which is a 6 door van and one for a 01 4 door van which does not look to different from 02. Any help would be welcome.

I recommend sourcing a copy of this.

http://www.amazon.co...n/dp/0906899605

Coopercraft have anounced a new kit of the diagarm 04 6 door

Mike Wiltshire

edit

Found the Coopercraft thread

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/44841-new-from-cooper-craft/page__fromsearch__1

Edited by Coach bogie

• 3 years later...

Probably too late to be of anyone posting here but I've 3D printed at least to variant of this syphon. I have two built Ks versions and one unbuilt kit, but need around nine. The models built from my 3D print are shown below, but thanks for the numbering info.

GWR Low Roof 6 wheel Siphon

GWR Diag O4 Low Roof 6 Door 6 wheel Siphon

In my Kit the chassis and roof are common to both.

I am also thinking of doing a high roofed version once I can find the drawings.
Edited by 81E
  • Like 2

Probably too late to be of anyone posting here but I've 3D printed at least to variant of this syphon. I have two built Ks versions and one unbuilt kit, but need around nine. The models built from my 3D print are shown below, but thanks for the numbering info.

In my Kit the chassis and roof are common to both.

I am also thinking of doing a high roofed version once I can find the drawings.

Don't you have details of how to order and price ?

• RMweb Gold

On a related note, I've been looking at your roundtopped 517 - thinking that it might fit the new Hattons 14xx. Can I ask if your print pictured here is WSF or FUD?

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/gallery/image/69213-1473-fitted-with-buffere-and-modifies-14xx-xhassis/

• Like 1

I am seeking running numbers for diagram 02. I have several of the K's which require numbering and having searched several sites have been unable to find any bar 960 which is the K's kit. There are lots of photos of 04/5 which is a 6 door van and one for a 01 4 door van which does not look to different from 02. Any help would be welcome.

There are 3 pages of the Slinn volume giving running numbers for O2s by Lot.  I can scan these for you tomorrow if you like, but I expect you will want to make this very worthwhile purchase!

Feel free to PM

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

RE 81E's post of 5/9/16

The lower photo of a van with a three centre roof and diagonal (not cross) bacing on the end panels - a photo of what appears to be one of these appears on p35 of The Last days of Steam in Plymouth and Cornwall (M. Dart), in Enparts service in the mid 50s.   ENPARTS is painted on the second plank up to the right of the centre pair of doors.   The only other discernible lettering is below this on the botttom plank.

This may be of interest to you all. The O2 was the only milk Siphon with a straight forward curved roof the rest were arcs of one sort or another. The O2 is easier to produce.

The enclosed photo is of an O2 in G1 all made from nickel silver. I bought it as shown but have stripped it down and am currently in the process of re-building it.

This can be seen in the 1.32 section on WT.

Be aware there are several mistakes in the J. Slinn Siphon book. I have the wagon and coach lot book for references.

Dave 

Milk Siphon_6.jpg

siphon corrections.pdf

Edited by kada33
  • Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2