Topp trains model shop Stafford

My fault; I called in on Tuesday.

Might have known...!!!

Came away with 2 locos.....25043 green weathered, also the green Standard 4MT, 80135, both chipped at home tonight and running a dream on my layout. Also a childs Marklin Eurostar set........some Christmas day fun with the nearly 3 year old grandchild.

Plenty of folk coming and going in the shop too.

• RMweb Premium

Might have known...!!!Came away with 2 locos.....25043 green weathered, also the green Standard 4MT, 80135, both chipped at home tonight and running a dream on my layout. Also a childs Marklin Eurostar set........some Christmas day fun with the nearly 3 year old grandchild.Plenty of folk coming and going in the shop too.

Hi Bob

Must have just missed you as I popped in just after lunch.

See you at the clubroom

Terry

Hi Bob

Must have just missed you as I popped in just after lunch.

See you at the clubroom

Terry

Yes,I left along with the grandchild about 11.45...I haven't been to the new club rooms yet.....looking forward to it.

Enjoyable visit to the shop....good atmosphere...very helpful.

Bob,

• RMweb Premium

Evening All

Another large collection of quality 00 stock has arrived at Topp Trains in Stafford

Open Mon - Tue

Closed all day Wednesday

Open Thursday Friday Saturday

Check website for opening times and address etc

Definitely worth a visit

Terry

• RMweb Gold

Evening All

Another large collection of quality 00 stock has arrived at Topp Trains in Stafford

Open Mon - Tue

Closed all day Wednesday

Open Thursday Friday Saturday

Check website for opening times and address etc

Definitely worth a visit

Terry

and the sweet tin??

Mike.

• RMweb Gold

popped in to topp trains today, there has indeed been some nice 2nd hand stuff in, picked up a couple of Hornby MK3s ready to convert to NMT coaches and an impulse buy of a pair of Hornby oil terminal tanks and unloading rig, hopefully i'll have room for them when i rebuild the layout!

good shop, good prices

• 3 weeks later...

When I last visited the shop earlier in December along with my 2 and a half year old grand son........ Mike pointed out the Marklin box set of the Eurostar.....£60... remote control, 5 car unit.

It was opened the day after purchase.....long before Christmas....and has been played with most days since by the little man, i.e. every time he visits.

He can now say his first word that all of us can understand...."TRAIN".

A superb little purchase....he has had hours of fun with it already....... a brilliant way to introduce the much younger generation.........!!

Thanks for pointing it out during my visit Mike........its been an outstanding purchase.

Bob.

• Like 1

As another satisfied customer I'll second what others have said. They did a superb weathering job on a Southern Pacific SD45 for me last year: my instructions were to make it look unloved and unwashed and they did just that. Steve apparently has a background in military modelling/painting according to the proprietor of another model shop in the county,

The kettle and sweets are a bonus, especially the former, 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Big thanks to Mike and Steve for keepng me a Hornby Lilleshall Peckett and decoder in the latest delivery.

You guys are the best and highly recommended to all railway modellers.

They always offer a brew but I always decline because I don't drink anything hot !!

Great shop 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Visited today for the first time excellent selection of locos and rolling stock. 

Really helpful and friendly staff helped me find exactly what I needed.

Prices were really good and a great selection of both new and used trains. 

Looking forward to coming back with my 2 children and when I need more items for my layout

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Urgently needed some plasticard strip and sheet and patiently waited for lockdown to end.  Called this morning and Mike explained that yes, they were open but there was a "one in the shop restriction" at the moment and ringing in advance was advisable.

I scooted over and got what I wanted within about ten minutes, vacating for the next customer. Obviously browsing those lovely showcases is not really an option, but a huge thank you to Topp Trains for making the effort to get going after lockdown. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big jim said:

I contemplated calling in to topp Trains in my way to work but was pushing it for time, glad I didn’t make the short diversion now!

will get there later in the month though 

Perhaps for the next week or two call them first.  Maybe when Britain catches up with the rest of the world and does 1M distancing, then things might ease.

Please all be reminded though that your LHSs desperately need your custom to survive.

• RMweb Gold

I’ve had a few 2nd hand items off them, locos, coaches, buildings etc

2nd hand locos are always competitively priced, the last one I had was the rails ltd Ed freightliner 66 ‘poppy’ which cost me £85 from them! 

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just a update in that Topp Trains in Stafford is open from the 2nd December 

Visit the Topp Trains Facebook page for full details on the reopening within the Tier 3 restrictions 

Please check with Mike or Steve on 01785-247883 for further information.

Eltel 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ELTEL said:

Just a update in that Topp Trains in Stafford is open from the 2nd December 

Visit the Topp Trains Facebook page for full details on the reopening within the Tier 3 restrictions 

Please check with Mike or Steve on 01785-247883 for further information.

Eltel 

Had to go to Stafford today to collect some white goods, so called the shop and prearranged a brief call to buy some stuff.  Excellent service as always.  My No 1 model shop and where I want to put my business.  Thanks again Mike.  

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Its been a while since I've been able to drop into Stafford with time to go and have a mooch, so taking advantage of training courses in nearby Yarnfield and a lazy work schedule I thought it'd be rude not to pay my first visit here in a couple of years. I have to say it wasn't a disappointment. Some quite scarce models elsewhere are (were) on the shelves which made parting with the hard earned very easy indeed, and it was great to have a natter. I wish that I still covered the Stafford patch, they've always been a very good shop to pop into.

• 2 years later...

Another shout out to the good people at Topp Trains for excellent service.

On this occasion Steve messaged me on Monday evening to say my Hornby 88DS had arrived, which allowed me a tight window on Tuesday to zoom up and collect it.

Mike and Steve and the lovely lady (whose name I don't know !!) delivered the usual briliant service, and is why they are Topp choochoo shop for me !!!!

Thanks very much from another satisfied customer 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I made my "regular" sporadic visit to the shop yesterday, still, as always a quirky fantastically well stocked shop with friendly staff.

I came away with the bits and bobs I really needed, DCC80's and Peco code 75 fishplates, and a locomotive and wagons which, until I entered the shop, I didn't realise I needed!

They have just taken in a couple of large second hand collections and are in the process of sorting them out, and, not having a live website presence, due quite understandably to the need for extra staff and it's attendant cost issues, it requires a phone call to ascertain what they have got, and having seen them, I'd definitely suggest doing so.

Mike.

No connection etc etc.

• Like 1