Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

Nice Marina.  Now there's something I never thought I'd say...

Thanks, it came 'distressed' and I took it a stage further, they really were awful cars in reality back in the day, BLs attempt to follow up on the success of the Morris Minor - using many of the original MM parts in a 'modern' body, coupled with strikes/3-day-weeks etc. a disastrous car (not quite as bad as the 'looks good on paper' Hillman Imp though).

BUT, I love em. I used to drive my Dad's Marina van around the fields, farm tracks (learned to drive on tractors and motorbikes first) and Thruxton race circuit aged 12-14 and loved it.

My brother had the a Marina Coupe GT (a more modern version of the Twin Carb/TC), basically a cross between a Morris minor and MGB GT......I loved that car too plenty of torque (unlike modern cars, with mud and snow tyres we used to drive easily in the snow!).

Did they breakdown? Yep! Did they rust? Everywhere! Issues with tyre wear due to suspension wear issues which were part owners' fault (for not applying grease to the front suspension, iirc every 1500 miles to be on the safe side as opposed to every 3000-6000 miles) and part design flaw (which could be modified at a price or cheap tyres endlessly purchased) were a chore. But despite all of that I have a real soft spot for them.

Ive been lucky enough to own - and have done rolling restorations on - several classic cars (although some of them were contemporary when I was a kid/teenager :O  :jester: ) and modern cars are so much better/easier to live with in many ways, but with more and more computer aids, theyre becoming 'lap top temperamental' too <groans> and with fuel economy biased tyres and high revving petrol (twin cam) engines, a mere 0.5mm of snow falls? Cant drive anywhere in the things - useless!

I think that I have bored you all with my story on our old Austin 1300 with mud and snow tyres being able to go anywhere in snow.....tiny little, low car, front wheels drive as opposed to 4WD, great heater, good torque from the 1300cc engine, it would go anywhere!

ATVB with the season's greetings to all,

CME

Edited by CME and Bottlewasher
  • Like 4

CME, glad you and others liked it, it nicely captures the essence of Port Bredy.

This is the original image reduced to 1024 x 768 and sharpened. Nothing else.

post-3088-0-37293900-1513727077_thumb.jpg

You can see the great improvement with Holly's photoshoppng the back scene and taking out the reflection in the water from the overhead lights. Customarily you get what I take but I can see here how I need to learn something about that process. She will be back home for Christmas and I'll ask her for some tuition.

Edited by john flann
  • Like 12

CME, glad you and others liked it, it nicely captures the essence of Port Bredy.

This is the original image reduced to 1024 x 768 and sharpened. Nothing else.

attachicon.gifHTK_0073-1.jpg

You can see the great improvement with Holly's photoshoppng the back scene and taking out the reflection in the water from the overhead lights. Customarily you get what I take but I can see here how I need to learn something about that process. She will be back home for Christmas and I'll ask her for some tuition.

Looks very nice, thanks for Posting, lighting models etc for photography is a real challenge AFAIC 

A couple of photos today whilst passing ELJ an grass is stating to grow

Superb! More please!