Colas Class 66

Nobby (John)

As I am reading BRM and trying to type at the same time on a high speed train between Gothenburg and Stockholm I notice the Colas 66 must be due very shortly as it has been reviewed in the mag, please ignore any typos, this is due to white wine iPad syndrome............hic......

Excellent model, yet, does anyone have advice on what wagons can be bought to be used with the Colas 66. I understand they log wagons are not made in OO, but what about correct oil wagons and scrap metal? Thanks in advance

• RMweb Premium

Excellent model, yet, does anyone have advice on what wagons can be bought to be used with the Colas 66. I understand they log wagons are not made in OO, but what about correct oil wagons and scrap metal? Thanks in advance

Search the photosites using 66846-66850 as search terms.

66850 hired to DBS the other day. BAA's in tow - although they are modified for slab traffic with large triangular shaped stanchions (on my to-do list)

http://www.wnxx.com/content/270213/66850.htm

Green Bachmann TEA's aren't too dissimilar to those used on the Sinfin-Grangemouth. http://www.flickr.com/photos/darrenwetherall-railphotography/8148427761/

BTW - 66846 showing in stock in Liverpool.

Cheers,

Mick

. I have seen them pulling pendolino coaches on the WCML to Liverpool I believe for converting 9 coach pendo's to 11 coaches. Check out this link for some excellent photos

http://mkrail.smugmug.com/

Paul

• RMweb Gold

Picked mine up earlier from haslington models, funny that the only loco i preordered for this year is one in going to be driving in a few months!!

It looks very good indeed but looking close up the angular black top of the body is a bit wavy where its been printed onto the corrugated sides

ian allen have them in too at £84 which is pretty good

• RMweb Premium

Picked mine up earlier from haslington models, funny that the only loco i preordered for this year is one in going to be driving in a few months!!

It looks very good indeed but looking close up the angular black top of the body is a bit wavy where its been printed onto the corrugated sides

ian allen have them in too at £84 which is pretty good

It has to be wavy over the ribs - but when viewed side on and level it should look straight. ( to do a repaint)

You've got a one in five chance of driving the protototype! (66850 was by me on the Carlisle-Chirk logs earlier today)

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

just got in from work, a few quick pics before i go to bed.....

nice looking model

15EE5A67-DA41-40C5-95EB-221CE41D8EDF-321

the nature of the model and the printing has resulted in the wavy line effect i mentioned above

6AEB9394-5BC4-43EA-84A4-11BF00747CE9-321

as with the recent GBRf release there is a buckeye on one end, will be removing it for futher use on my 67

D1842EDA-F5CF-438D-9A9B-B875B6C1A728-321

nice detailing though, no smoking signs on the window and a nice little touch, in my opinion, of the blue band round the water drain below the cab

46B1F4B4-5E6C-422B-84CD-68FDCDACA6DB-321

Archived