RAILEX NE 2013 - The North East Model Railway Exhibition - 24th & 25th August

North Eastern

Another great day at Blyth..as always layouts of the highest quality.

Too many top notch to suggest a best in show but on a personal basis Wibdenshaw takes it for me..it really is something that I could stand and watch all day...also run superbly..well done guys.

Fencehouses..if any 2mm f/s was ever going to convert a hardened 4mm modeller this is it..breathtaking quality and detail when you consider the scale..Law Junction..Stainmore..list goes on.

Catering first class and as always Davy Dunns superb slide show and his personal reminiscences..won't go into that too deeply..provide a welcome half hour rest for the legs.

We had the privilege of exhibiting last year and enjoyed the north east hospitality ..this year was even more enjoyable being able to chat with many old friends and actually spend time soaking in the  quality.

Must be one of the best shows on the circuit.

Well done..from the Alloa guys.

Dave

I'm sorry but Vitalspark is talking complete and utter tosh.... The show was much better than that..... :mail:

Dave Franks

(Vitalspark's driver)

I'm sorry but Vitalspark is talking complete and utter tosh.... The show was much better than that..... :mail:

Dave Franks

(Vitalspark's driver)

...and an excellent driver you are too..you passed the test with flying colours and  we have decided to allow you to ferry us down to EM North.. Wakefield..Aylesbury..etc..etc

(Vitalspark's driver)

I thought it would have been pilot rather than driver, as talk over scones was more plane related than train related...

Still, I bet you guys got home quicker than me. Rick wanted to detour on the 15  or so miles home to "show off" some rather lovely 4mm L&Y buffer stops.

Can't remember who the manufacturer was... but I would swear the whitemetal had a tartan tinge to it.

Porcy

I thought it would have been pilot rather than driver, as talk over scones was more plane related than train related...

Still, I bet you guys got home quicker than me. Rick wanted to detour on the 15  or so miles home to "show off" some rather lovely 4mm L&Y buffer stops.

Can't remember who the manufacturer was... but I would swear the whitemetal had a tartan tinge to it.

Porcy

Ah yes..we can discuss all sorts..trains 'n boats & planes..and old buses too..not to mention finescale buffers and mucky women..thoroughly enjoyed the 'crack' with you all.

Davy

Archived