RAILEX NE 2013 - The North East Model Railway Exhibition - 24th & 25th August

North Eastern

Just back from our own show at Pickering (just helping this year) but am now getting into Railex North East mode ready for a great w/e. Going on few days holiday to the Lakes Monday (wife's orders!)but back on Thursday ready for packing van with 'Haymarket Cross' & 'Noel'. Please come and say hello to the Scarborough crew.

post-4401-0-22964500-1376850234_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Ian H

Hi All,

Metal road signs have now been put out North & South of the A19.

Also confirmed that despite Skytrex going in to administration they will still be attending the show with plenty of bargains to be had.

Regards

Chris

Hi All,

Out at 10am today putting out road signs (Too many to mention). Then off to the hotel for some last minute changes then to the venue to assist with marking out the floor plan, putting out tables and laying electric cables.

Sadly Ian Rice and his layout 'Trerice' will be unable to attend due to illness. However Phil Atkinson and 'Hobby Holidays' will be attending.

Will be at the venue tomorrow at 9am to prepare for the first arrivals at 10am, no bets being taken for the first to arrive normally Roger Lewis from Squires.

Regards

Chris

Hi All,

Eventually left the venue at 21:15hrs just as Skytrex turned up. So an early start tomorrow for them.  

Its due to rain on and off tomorrow so if you don't want to get wet come early to get a parking space near the door.

Just waiting to receive the programmes tomorrow from the printers via Parcel Force, so far only one out three parcels due today from the printers have turned up so I wont hold my breath for the programmes.

Some really cracking layouts this year, sorry there's no photo's yet as they were all covered up by the time I had time to photograph them will try to get some for tomorrow for those of you who are coming on Sunday.

Regards

Chris

Just returned from the exhibition. Very impressed with the quality and variety of layouts.I met Dave Alexander and took delivery of the J77 kit he had for me.It was good to meet Dave having built many of his kits. I was hoping to meet David Scott (Scottiedog) but that did not eventuate.Was I the most travelled to the exhibition I wonder?

Ron.

Hi All,

A very busy day today, the queue was out the door and in to the car park at 09:40hrs. Forty minutes was spent selling tickets along the queue to get everyone in quickly and then I spent most of the day marshalling in the car park, hopefully everyone got a space quickly as a result.

Everyone so far has seemed to enjoy the show, it has been very busy all day so come along tomorrow it should be easier to park and to get around the show.

Due to my extended stint in the car park I have not had time to take any photo's, so if anyone has took some today please put them up I'll try to get some tomorrow.

Regards

Chris

Just returned from the exhibition. Very impressed with the quality and variety of layouts.I met Dave Alexander and took delivery of the J77 kit he had for me.It was good to meet Dave having built many of his kits. I was hoping to meet David Scott (Scottiedog) but that did not eventuate.Was I the most travelled to the exhibition I wonder?

Ron.

Hi Ron,

So far this year you have travelled the furthest. Previously we have had visitors from Canada, Australia, Germany, Holland & France.

This year we have had visitors from Germany & Holland as well as yourself. Also we have had our Country Member join us from California in the USA. So if you were greeted with an American accent when you came to the car park it wasn't someone taking the 'Mick'.

So if anyone can beat Ron for the distance travelled, please let us know.

Regards

Chris

I popped down for a bit this morning, was really busy so didn't get any pictures but got a video of Hazelbury Yard:

http://s1214.photobucket.com/user/Anas_platyrhynchos/media/20130824_113515_zps7f722c9d.mp4.html

Not sure if it'll work and it's 20mb but I don't have any software to reduce the size... the comment you can hear a little way in was referring to the impact on the rake already in the siding when the lightly loaded wagon connected with it.

Lots of good layouts there to see.

• RMweb Gold

I spent most of the day at the exhibition.  The layouts were good and most people should have found something look at.  I enjoyed too many of them to list individually.

Good trade stands too, I managed to find a number of bits and pieces I was looking for.

It's worth looking at Dave Dunn's photo show, some real gems.

David

Just got back to Perth after heading down to the show today with a squad from Perth MRC. 

Really enjoyed the show, the quality of the layouts was excellent and it was good to see some layouts again I had seen before and good to see some that were new to me. 

Well done to those involved in running the show.

Waverley47708

Ps should just clarify having read the post from Nerron that we came from Perth, Scotland and not Perth, Australia!

• RMweb Premium

I went from Edinburgh today, and fully confirm this is an excellent show. Well worth visiting tomorrow, for anyone who has not yet made up their mind.

Many excellent layouts in various scales - one thing that struck me were the N gauge layouts, such as Fence Houses, with detail every bit as good as the best OO/EM layouts. This is quite something given the difference in scales - to do the detail of the steps and other features of a signal box on a reduction factor of seventy six is one thing, but to incorporate the same detail at 148th is astonishing. Highbury Colliery is a wonderful N gauge diorama, and Blythe is shaping up as a fantastic model.

One highlight for me was to see how Stainmore Summit worked in practice, and in model - and they have more J21s together than I have ever seen before - awesome! Altogether a great day, including using the Metro from Newcastle Central. Many thanks, folks.

John

Hi All,

Visited the exhibition on Saturday with the crew from Perth and thoroughly enjoyed it. The layout quality was high and the trade representation good. Hopefully I will be allowed by Chris to bring Fastleigh next year?  Well done to all concerned for a great exhibition. Keep up the good work!

Good to catch up with everyone and to meet the guys from Scarborough for the first time too.

Stan

Exhibition Manager

Perth & District MRC

Hi All,

I would like to thank everyone who visited the show this weekend and helping us to make it a success. A big thank you has to go to all the exhibitors and traders for who the show would not be the success it is. Thanks also go to Tony Morrissey and his staff at the sports centre who's sterling efforts helped make the show go smoothly and to Steph and her catering team who has kept everyone amply fed and watered.

Full details of visitor numbers and winners of awards will appear shortly along with some photo's taken by one of our members Peter J Robinson, as once again yours truly was on car park duty, then collecting the road signs.

If anyone took some photo's over the weekend please feel free to post them on here.

Regards

Chris

On behalf of the Scarborough group who operated Haymarket Cross and North of England Line, I'd like to pass on a big thank you to all of the Railex NE team for the warm welcome and hugely enjoyable weekend. The show was first class with high quality layouts and excellent trade and our accommodation was first class.

We all hope that the show was the success it deserved to be and wish your club all the best for the future.

Mike (Keith S, Keith H, Geoff, Ian, Roland, Nick and Les with his rotational knob)

Another great day at Blyth..as always layouts of the highest quality.

Too many top notch to suggest a best in show but on a personal basis Wibdenshaw takes it for me..it really is something that I could stand and watch all day...also run superbly..well done guys.

Fencehouses..if any 2mm f/s was ever going to convert a hardened 4mm modeller this is it..breathtaking quality and detail when you consider the scale..Law Junction..Stainmore..list goes on.

Catering first class and as always Davy Dunns superb slide show and his personal reminiscences..won't go into that too deeply..provide a welcome half hour rest for the legs.

We had the privilege of exhibiting last year and enjoyed the north east hospitality ..this year was even more enjoyable being able to chat with many old friends and actually spend time soaking in the  quality.

Must be one of the best shows on the circuit.

Well done..from the Alloa guys.

Dave

Archived