Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

and retouch the paint.....which here needs dry and where possible put the buildings back

med_gallery_17883_3493_306863.jpg3663

I use a pair of free standing figures to check the platform width as I want them reasonably narrow. Older buildings usually had just horse and carts to deal with and are often just one way streets in modern day. I don't have old signage....so may be forced to make some to get this done in time.

With the pavements in white, add a bit of snow to the roofs and it looks like a sunny winters day, gritted roads drying, snow melting etc

• Like 2

With the pavements in white, add a bit of snow to the roofs and it looks like a sunny winters day, gritted roads drying, snow melting etc

wheres the oops button.... :jester:

as in I was there....now i have coloured the pavements etc.....and have to go back to the white LOL

Edited by Jaz

The village is looking great Jaz !!! 

Maybe I am wrong but if that was a No Entry sign, surely the line of traffic with the bus shouldn't be there, not the police car...............there again you guys do drive on the wrong side of the road  :jester:  :jester:

Edited by thebritfarmer

wheres the oops button.... :jester:

as in I was there....now i have coloured the pavements etc.....and have to go back to the white LOL

Ah, but how it looks in a photo and how it looks in real life can differ.

It was the wet / dry looking sections of road that I liked.

and talking of improvement.....

even your models bought in can be improved

med_gallery_17883_3493_243090.jpg3730

the one on the right as i bought it

the one on the left with some thin black added

and the further away it is in a picture the less the detail is seen so stuff at the back can benefit from more black....this needs to be transparent black.....opaque black looks horrible!!!!

edit= don't you think the hole where you put the letters looks better???

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 2

this idea works on all sorts of products but here is a phone box where the cracks in the doors benefit....

med_gallery_17883_3493_357300.jpg3731

here in the lime light it might be considered a touch ott but once in situ with everything else it will blend fine, and looks fine when your in the room...

• Like 5

and you need to be careful, these are BOTH sold as 1:76 but one would look ok mixed with other cars.....one in imo looks better away from its smaller counterpart, most of the vehicles match the small one, so the large one has been removed....it would look fine on a lonely lane tho...

med_gallery_17883_3493_287928.jpg3733

just before you remove everything!!!

med_gallery_17883_3493_284027.jpg3743

and after you remove everything

med_gallery_17883_3493_183113.jpg3735

so you can align the pavements

a larger rule to mark out the widths

med_gallery_17883_3493_364418.jpg3736

even the lampposts are uprooted safer than bending them  :O

med_gallery_17883_3493_409766.jpg3737

• Like 6

Jaz

I hate to point this out. The 'No Entry' sign isn't. It is a national speed limit sign

Isn't that a shunting signal?

dhig :scratchhead:

Even if it was "no-entry", there's a car facing the wrong way......... Oh - it's a Police car, so that's Ok then...... :scratchhead:

Cheers,

Mick

ok i can't find a no entry yet...so i switched it around for the 30......just don't photograph from the other side!!!!

med_gallery_17883_3493_354870.jpg3739

plus no i can have two way traffic.... :beee: ....... :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

• Like 2

ok i can't find a no entry yet...so i switched it around for the 30......just don't photograph from the other side!!!!

med_gallery_17883_3493_354870.jpg3739

plus no i can have two way traffic.... :beee: ....... :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

Go on. Let's see the other side

as you can see the last minute Xmas shoppers are really getting out and a bout

med_gallery_17883_3493_278328.jpg3740

some poor decided they are off to the sunshine to drink pina colada on the beach

med_gallery_17883_3493_220279.jpg3741

and the courtyard is getting benches and lights ready for the Xmas eve drinks party....fancy dress optional......

med_gallery_17883_3493_58116.jpg3742

yes yes you just know theres going to be blxxdy clowns....... :jester:  :jester:  :jester:  in and out of costume LOL

• Like 4

Sooo...............  

Christmas shoppers

med_gallery_17883_3493_150419.jpg3756

That's where she has got to  -  more of those Homebaked Double Chocolate, Chip Biscuits, no doubt ....... :O

............    Just wait 'til she gets home     ..........   I will just have to confiscate them   ............   :nono:    ...................................................  .....................................    again  ....    :angel: