Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

I have started to potter around wishing those friends with 'homes/ threads' a Merry Christmas. However, there are a number of you who are regular visitors, and friends who don't have a specific home on RMWEB, and I am sure to accidentally overlook someone (I apologise in advance) and therefore to reiterate to those I have already posted on and to those who post on here, or to those I see around on other peoples threads, or to those who come and look but are too shy to say hello, and to anyone else I like LOL

I would like to wish you all

................................................................................................................................

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS

.....................................................................................................................................................................

NOW NO BEING A SCROOGE.....GET SOME CHRISTMAS CHEER........(you just know what Mick is gonna respond to that don't you ROFL)

• Like 4

H

A

P

P

Y

C

H

R

I

S

T

M

A

S

With our personal thanks for your  ...

Humour  .....    :jester: 
Good advice  .....    :senile: 
Friendly comments  .....    :sungum: 
Great ideas  .....    :scratchhead: 
Problems to be solved  .....   :stinker:

Graffiti  .....   :O

Mini MD and Harvey  .....   :declare:

15563011818_8276f21235_q.jpg

and

May the New Year bring Happiness
and a Marvel Super Heros

spot to the layout

[Not my idea - entered on advice from the Ruler of the Household.]

• Like 1

the back of the shops, the pub is an early Hornby Building and the windows might end up being too naff...but we'll see. I won't be replacing them tho.

med_gallery_17883_3493_113758.jpg3783

recolouring ...graffiting.....other wise mining but not actually replacing bits. When I do the final pictures the skyline will get a computerised touch up. The all paper was put up with copidex as a quick fix and never got replaced. On reflection it would have been cheaper and better had i just used wallpaper paste.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 2

Hey Jaz ive got some fairy lights up on my home layout,see what you think buddy...

been and looked....cool.....i'll go look in the shops and see if anyone is doing those micro lights. I like the wire idea, but I would trial copied to hold the wires straighter along the buildings ....it usually pulls off without damaging the buildings/resin for stuff you want to trial or only do temporarily. I liked the plant pots too mine are all free standing the ones against the buildings is not an idea I had considered....shall be stealing umm i mean borrowing that in the future...thank you for the hints  :sungum:

• Like 4

med_gallery_17883_3493_484829.jpg3785

I will try to get this bit done as I want the alley way here or behind the bank for Batman and Robin.

I want the market place for a Santa....which I still need to make....and I was hoping for a Santas Grotto.....even nowadays, and Julians picture shows it, a humble shed was used......

this means these areas will be mostly scenic background before Christmas

med_gallery_17883_3493_484829.jpg3787

med_gallery_17883_3493_377496.jpg3786

• Like 6

H

A

P

P

Y

C

H

R

I

S

T

M

A

S

With our personal thanks for your  ...

Humour  .....    :jester: 

Good advice  .....    :senile: 

Friendly comments  .....    :sungum: 

Great ideas  .....    :scratchhead: 

Problems to be solved  .....   :stinker:

Graffiti  .....   :O

Mini MD and Harvey  .....   :declare:

15563011818_8276f21235_q.jpg

and

May the New Year bring Happiness

and a Marvel Super Heros

spot to the layout

[Not my idea - entered on advice from the Ruler of the Household.]

:O ......................It's getting toooooo  technical for me now.......... :drag:

the snow will need to be laid, and i wanted the pavements more even, so i used the varnish to make puddles for what will include slushy snow and it evens up the bits that were a tad over sculptured.... :sungum:

add a light touch of black near the crease and a shot of blue, then the varnish, which needs to dry.puddles a plenty...

the school sixth formers, trying to avoid being splashed whilst trying to look cool...LOL

med_gallery_17883_3493_12214.jpg3793

the crossroads, theres a drain there somewhere but clearly the water is melting in fast

med_gallery_17883_3493_139009.jpg3794

a touch on the pavement, and around the back

med_gallery_17883_3493_493862.jpg3796

varnish is an excellent reflector and really looks good when modelling puddles.

med_gallery_17883_3493_436473.jpg3796

• Like 10

Merry Christmas Jazz & Kal !!! 

Is this what you are looking for ?                                           

post-12785-0-54898700-1418938437.jpg

http://www.langley-models.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_OO_Scale_Accessories_F172_to_F219___NEW_Items__18.html

Well sorted BF.......... :drag: 

Is that the same Yacht Varnish as round the back of Goathland?  It looks a little clearer, which would be appropriate for the recent snow-melt.  Perhaps it is just thinner??

the snow will need to be laid, and i wanted the pavements more even, so i used the varnish to make puddles for what will include slushy snow and it evens up the bits that were a tad over sculptured.... :sungum:

add a light touch of black near the crease and a shot of blue, then the varnish, which needs to dry.puddles a plenty...

the school sixth formers, trying to avoid being splashed whilst trying to look cool...LOL

med_gallery_17883_3493_12214.jpg3793

the crossroads, theres a drain there somewhere but clearly the water is melting in fast

a touch on the pavement, and around the back

med_gallery_17883_3493_493862.jpg3796

varnish is an excellent reflector and really looks good when modelling puddles.

med_gallery_17883_3493_436473.jpg3796

...   are you sure those boys are actually avoiding getting splashed from the puddles and not the real cause of them     .....    they do look a little over excitable   .......    :O 

• Like 2