Rumney Models - To Reopen 1st September

jjnewitt

Product Announcement time!

There are a number of new items in 4mm scale now available from Rumney Models.

Firstly there is a chassis kit for the BR lifting link brake 21T coal hoppers (kit B.28 - £13). These are for welded body hoppers to diagram 1/146. The full open nature of the underframe is captured and parts are included to model either the unfitted or vacuum braked versions. P4/EM only.

attachicon.gif21T Hopper - Forum.JPG

Awesome stuff Justin. Will be sending a request for some of these.

Would you consider altering the etches to include RCH type W irons - I can see uses for this chassis under a whole bunch of PO coal hopper wagons used by the NCB and others.

Cheers,

James

Edited by Down_Under

Hi James,

Yes every that an RCH version will appear soon. I usually try and do different versions of the same basic chassis at the same time but I just ran out of time with the 21T hopper chassis. I will look at sorting out an earlier version for the next round of releases. A few things might need tweaking and I notice that some had Morton brake levers rather than the lifting link variety but that's nothing major.

Justin

Justin,

Any idea how long before the hopper chassis instructions are posted? I'm bound to screw up without guidance...

Edit: I see the instruction are now up. Thanks.

Ta,

P

Oh, and some pics as discussed. They may keep Mike happy too. Note the weld lines on the body side, Mike.

Justin might just introduce a kit exactly as you get yours finished.

post-508-0-38930400-1442368366.jpg

post-508-0-74980900-1442368370.jpg

post-508-0-84833400-1442368373.jpg

post-508-0-14635900-1442368481.jpg

Justin, there's also some phots of the brakes linkages of a Butterley built APCM Presflo if they're any use?

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 1

Oh, and some pics as discussed. They may keep Mike happy too. Note the weld lines on the body side, Mike.

Justin might just introduce a kit exactly as you get yours finished.

Justin, there's also some phots of the brakes linkages of a Butterley built APCM Presflo if they're any use?

Yes please! Close up pictures of Presflos are always useful. Did you get any pictures of the brakegear on the Cemflo?

Hello Justin,

It was nice to meet you at EM North, I was the guy who was interested in your hydraulics and who bought a mineral wagon chassis kit!

I look forward to building it.

Cheers,

John E.

Hi John. Thank you for popping by the stand, it was good to meet you. Hope all goes well with the 16T mineral. Any problems drop me an email.

Justin

Yes please! Close up pictures of Presflos are always useful. Did you get any pictures of the brakegear on the Cemflo?

Sort of like this:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/17155-greyscroft-mine-cleveland-ironstone-in-1955-em-gauge/page-19&do=findComment&comment=2010286

Access was a bit limited and my lack of flexibility prevented me from doing any crawling about but I'll post some up later. Got to go out and supervise the lawn mower at the moment.

P

Sort of like this:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/17155-greyscroft-mine-cleveland-ironstone-in-1955-em-gauge/page-19&do=findComment&comment=2010286

Access was a bit limited and my lack of flexibility prevented me from doing any crawling about but I'll post some up later. Got to go out and supervise the lawn mower at the moment.

P

Yes exactly like that.  :) Interesting stuff.

We're both at S4um awaiting your presence and photo's Porcy.

"Family commitments preclude attendance".  Actually it's Axleboxes family. I don't think they be very happy as he goes under the surgeons knife today.

That's me saved a bit more dosh then.

I'll try and put up some more pics tomorrow. Suffering with lawnmower fatigue at the moment.

P

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Justin,

I'm hearing that you have underframes for Presflos on the way. Any idea of timescale?

I assume that an accurate underframe will need to take the more accurate Airfix/Dapol hopper to make the most convincing end result?

I've not forgotten about the Plate kits but have a bit of unexpected expense just now.

Dave

Edited by Torr Giffard LSWR 1951-71

Hi both,

Prseflo underframes are certainly on the list but there are currently other items ahead of them in the queue. They are going to be a fairly major job as they include a type of brakegear that I have yet to draw up and there may well end up being two kits as there were two variants on that brakegear. I haven't been in a great rush to do them as I'm not sure how many I'd really sell given that they are going to be complicated and they aren't going to be cheap. By the time you include ladders and possibly walkways as well the kit is going to be in the £15 area for just the etch and springing wire. If there is a large demand for them (and by all means put your hands up if you are seriously interested) then I could look at moving them further up the list. I do have all the information I need for them though so there's no issues on research.

Next up for release will be the 1/801 fish van kit, a kit for the LNER 12T Plate wagons, EM gauge Peak pony trucks, the Shochood B kit, a BR axleguard version of the 17'6" x 10' LNER clasp brake chassis and Bogie bolster C detailing. There may well be some new coach bogies in there as well. That lot needs really needs to be done and dusted given the work that has already been put in and should keep me occupied until at least Scalefour North next year.

Justin 

• Like 2

Hi Justin,

Between myself and Richard Oldfield at Barrowmore we will need 25 underframe kits for Presflos. Is that a reasonable incentive?

If you want the cash up front then just say.

Dave

Edited by Torr Giffard LSWR 1951-71

Hi Dave,

Yes that's a reasonable incentive. No need for cash upfront. I'll try and make a start on them in the near future and I will look at having them ready for Scaleforum next year. I make no promises about the timescale though!

Justin

• Like 1

I can't add many to Dave's total but I'd definitely be up for a couple, maybe 3 if they turn out anywhere around the £15-£20 mark (just don't let SWMBO hear I said so before I've got her to sign off on the next tranche of the modelling budget!).

• Like 1

Coach bogies? What coach bogies? Which others are you going to add? Is there going to be a change in design? Interesting...

Mike

Definately LMS 9' and quite possibly Gresley 8'6" as well. I'm not thinking of radically changing the design. I may tweak the bolster to be more accommodating to cosmetic bolster spring detail but that's about all.

Justin

• Like 2

So they'll accommodate the MJT castings? or the plastic Bachmann sides? Which one...both? Hmmm, the interest deepens.

Mike 

That depends on how close they are to the prototype. Hornby do Stanier and Gresley bogies, both of which look pretty good.

Gresley 8'6'' would be good, presumably sprung or compensated?

They will be fully sprung as per my other coach bogies. See my website for an idea of wht they'd be like. 

Justin

• 1 month later...

Hi Justin, on the subject of coach bogies, are the BR B4 bogies likely to be in the next batch for release?

Barry

Hi Barry,

I don't see why not. I'll have a look at getting the artwork for the B4 bogies done at the same time as the others. It makes sense to do them together.

Justin