Model Rail Scotland 2010 - Who is going?

Brush47337

well for those that make it you are in for a treat, standard of exhibit is as high if not higher than previous years, some lovely layouts, don know about trade as didnt really look today as they were setting up. enjoy the show folks it is a goodun

me i'm suffering from secc foot, hate that place as the floor has sod all give back on sunday to see the show and breakdown

Plenty of rain, a wee bit of slush in the suburbs, otherwise just typical dreich Glasgow. Speaking to some folks from down south, no problems reported en-route.

Some excellent layouts from what I saw tonight, well impressed.

• RMweb Premium

Well, tried to set off this morning. All trains south from Inverness cancelled; tried to route via Aberdeen but seemed an awful lot of hassle for not a lot of show-time and then the A9 is shut so the car is out. sad.gif

There's always next year....

i will be there with the Helensburgh and district MRC I will be the one holding a DCC controller woth a puzzled look on my face :huh: trying to work out how to work the damm thing while cursing under my breath :lol:

I'll need to pop over and say hello! Helensburgh is probably my closest MRC.

• RMweb Gold

Have just come back from the show. I'll leave an in depth review to others but personally show was up to its usually standard and plenty of traders for all gauges. Show was very busy but the stewarding was excellent, as i hadnt pre brought ticket joined the queue but was well informed what was going on.

Only downside for me were the people who seemed to think they could use their rucksack to push in. Happened to me twice, the second guy had the biggest rucksack i have ever seen. Maybe they should be banned as they really are a pain!!

I also just got back, must have been my quickest tour round the hall as I had to sneak it in during work.

I was very impressed by the quality on show especially the very high quality and the amount of modern N gauge. Convinces me I'm doing the right thing moving away from OO.

Favourites were Blackwood Junction, Glen Stewart and Deep Lane. Which is taking nothing away from all the others.

Well worth the looking at watches routine when I got back!!

Mark.

Guest 30-something

Just back from the show myself, thought the quality of the layouts was higher than in previous years, and the quality of the N Gauge layouts was very good. Highlights for me were Law Junction, Longcarse West, Auchenraith and Bank Hill Goods (think thats what its called!)

Low lights were the backpack brigade (left with a cut on my cheek and bruise on my arm because of one) who just had to get in front of everyone else at layouts and trade stalls.

The Heljan 15's and 86's look fantastic as does its O Gauge Class 20, and Dapols 86 and 58's look great too.

All in all though, a very good show

As other have said - quality is (IMHO) better than ever.

Always seams a small hall and small exhibition when I first get in - but always surprised that even after 5 hours I can find new layouts I had managed to miss.

Going back tomorrow - and since nobody has posted foaties - yet I will attempt a few for the snow bound souls in the frozen North.

Big ....Ugly.....dressed all in black ..........That will be me then. (no rucksack)

• RMweb Premium

I enjoyed the show today, working on Glen Stewart, hanging around the DEMU stand and doing a stint on Dunmar!

Most of all I was pleased the show guide was ok, especially as it was my first year as editorbiggrin.gif

Off to bed for some rest before starting again tomorrowbiggrin.gif

Bargain of the day, a Hornby club 06 loco in Blue Pullman livery, they're selling them on the Hornby stand for £5, I picked one up for my son's layout!!

Cheers

Craig

• RMweb Gold

I enjoyed the show today, working on Glen Stewart, hanging around the DEMU stand and doing a stint on Dunmar!

Most of all I was pleased the show guide was ok, especially as it was my first year as editorbiggrin.gif

Off to bed for some rest before starting again tomorrowbiggrin.gif

Bargain of the day, a Hornby club 06 loco in Blue Pullman livery, they're selling them on the Hornby stand for £5, I picked one up for my son's layout!!

Cheers

Craig

[/quote

Hi all,

Getting back from Glasgow along the M8 tonight was a bit of fun - if you like that sort of thing!

Wet and rainy in Glasgow with slight Sleet in it.

Turned to snow at the change from A8 back to M8 and stayed snowy right over Harthill and down past Bathgate.

Slightly better from there to Edinburgh Ring Road but lots more snow on the way round.

Got home to 4" of the stuff on the roads with more snow and thick stuff falling!

Parked van on main road to try and avoid fighting to get it up the hill from my house. Went out to check it about 10 minutes ago and van now has 4" on top of it and main road not ploughed or gritted.

Looks like it will be fun gatting to Glasgow in the morning....

Hope to beat the path through any snow and be back on the DEMU stand before opening!

If not - will need someone to look after it....

Thanks

Aye, I'm hoping the M8 won't be too scary tomorrow though, it sounds like I do have an easier drive than some. It has pi... rained insessantly since yesterday. Not had too much of a chance to look round the show yet apart from lunch break from my demo stand but there are some V nice layouts. I do like Burntisland and Alloa, good to see layouts of actual places, albeit from the past.

Kingwear still looks lovely but still dosen't run worth a sook. Said hello to Mt Dibber and bought a MR International. Snot bad, will certainly be sending them favourable comments in the hope of more.

Will be taking fotys tomorrow if I get enough of a break.

Oh and spent shedloads on narrow gauge transporter wagons.

I'm leaving Canterbury in an hour to go to Gatwick and fly to the show courtesy of Stelios's little airline. Big thanks to my lovely fiancee for driving me there on a Saturday morning! This will be my first Modelrail Scotland since I was exiled to Kent a few years back, loooking forward to it immensely! I'll be the one with the retro PanAm flight bag (don't worry, it's not big and it won't hit you in the face!) containing Sunday's fresh underwear.... too much information???

Word of warning: There is a Celtic-Rangers derby on on Sunday, kick off at 12:30. Best to avoid all the stations and the subway around 12:00 and from 13:30 to 14:30. Glasgow public transport isn't a fun place to be when it's thronged with several thousand annoyed/celebratory football fans. Neither are a lot of the city centre pubs for that matter.

Guest Max Stafford

I'd concur with that. Tomorrow, the car is definitely your friend! I would echo the praise of the layout quality. Big thumbs-up from me for Longcarse, Alloa and Blakeney. Couldn't get Gus away from it yesterday!

• RMweb Premium

Word of warning: There is a Celtic-Rangers derby on on Sunday, kick off at 12:30. Best to avoid all the stations and the subway around 12:00 and from 13:30 to 14:30. Glasgow public transport isn't a fun place to be when it's thronged with several thousand annoyed/celebratory football fans. Neither are a lot of the city centre pubs for that matter.

If you have a choice it is usually a good idea to check on local footy matches (not just derby games) if you are going anywhere these days. Sad really but safer to avoid somewhere with a home match due in my experience ( e.g the change in destination for Tornado last year when she 'terminated at Durham rather than go into Newcastle when they were at home to Sunderland - on police orders).

Hope all show goers avoid difficulties and give Alloa a cheer from me;equal best OO layout I've seen for ages (with Billingham).

Sincerely, 36E

Archived