Towcester 1930-50 - making signals for Towcester

MikeHemmings

• RMweb Gold

Morning Mike,

Don't know how I missed this one,

Great stuff and a beautiful period to model.  A real backwater line full of atmosphere and character.

I guess the Bachmann 3F/4F's are the stars of the of the show like the prototype. I always think the line would have suited the Ivatt 2MT 2-6-0's and as the first five were shedded at Kettering a possible what if.

The buildings you have made are great and it' capturing the feel of the prototype nicely.  The line as you know was busy during the war years and you have the infamous banana trains from Bristol too.

Keep the posts/photos coming.

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1

Morning Mike,

Don't know how I missed this one,

Great stuff and a beautiful period to model.  A real backwater line full of atmosphere and character.

I guess the Bachmann 3F/4F's are the stars of the of the show like the prototype. I always think the line would have suited the Ivatt 2MT 2-6-0's and as the first five were shedded at Kettering a possible what if.

The buildings you have made are great and it' capturing the feel of the prototype nicely.  The line as you know was busy during the war years and you have the infamous banana trains from Bristol too.

Keep the posts/photos coming.

Cheers,

Mark

I would like a 2F for my layout but they are to expensive at the moment, 

I have seen some photos of 2 2F in Towcester station in 1932, for Towcester races,

Mike

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I would like a 2F for my layout but they are to expensive at the moment, 

I have seen some photos of 2 2F in Towcester station in 1932, for Towcester races,

Mike

Hi Mike, 

I never realised 2F's worked around Towcester.  Must have come in from the Bedford direction.

Bit like you really.  I'd love a 2F as well. Kettering had a few they used on the Kettering to Cambridge line.  I foresee looking at the tea leaves a Bachmann announcement in 2015! :)

Be nice to see some more shots of Lactodurum-well Towcester :D

Cheers,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Stu

Thanks for the comments and there is no place for spam cans on this layout, I still have a lot more work to do before it will look presentable, baby sitting the grandchildren takes priority over the layout 3 days a week.

Mike